Cannot copy VCD-files in XP Pro

R

Repeat64

It took me a while to get VCD's working in XP Pro. The WMP (both versions) were not all that keen on playing these files. I kept getting "unsupported format" errors and such. This is all a thing of the past now, ever since I installed WinDVD. So the playback is no longer the problem. The copying on the other hand, is.
When I try to copy a .dat-file, I get the error that this is an "invalid MS-DOS function". I also read that this can be avoided by placing the file scsi1hlp.vxd in the system\iosubsys directory. The problem is that this directory doesn't seem to exist in XP. Also I read somewhere that W2K and XP don't use virtual device drivers. Can anybody clarify this and/or give a solution to this problem? Thanx in advance.

yup. that happens. In my experience, Windows gives different error messages. You can get around this bye copying the CD to your disk making .BIN image (CDRWin) and then extract the movie from the .BIN using VCDGear.

http://www.vcdgear.com

Good luck,

Willem Moolenaar

Yeah, okay. I'll give your solution a try. But isn't it strange that on a machine running ME, the copying of .dat-files is no problem at all? I agree, here the file scsi1hlp.vxd is installed in the previously mentioned directory, but still.....a simple functionality as copying a single files shouldn't be an issue on "the best windows ever". Isn't there a more permanent solution that fixes this issue altogether?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back