Cannot access a secure site

S

SmkyB

I currently am running windows 2000 on a machine and XP on another machine. The PROBLEM is accessing a secure site on windows 2000 box it says you are entering a secure site, and when you click ok it says page is unable to be displayed. They both have IE6, yet the XP box has a place to clear SSL State. Is there a place on windows 2000 to clear the SSL state in the browser properties or registry??? I can get to the site from other win2k boxes but for some reason this one will not access the site by IP or URL. I have changed all the security settings and set them back to default as well. Anything to help would be great.

http://www.ntfs.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39115

On the content tab of internet options you can clear the SSL sate.

Checkout:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813444

Applies to 2K also.

SUMMARY
Delete Temporary Internet Files
Configure Security, Content, and Advanced Settings in Internet Explorer
Verify That the Date and Time Settings on Your Computer Are Correct
Verify That Your Computer Is Using 128-Bit Encryption
Use System Restore to Return Your Computer to a Previous State
Check Third-Party Firewall or Antivirus Programs
Use the System File Checker (Sfc.exe) Tool to Scan all Windows File Protection (WFP) Protected Files
Verify That the Microsoft Cryptographic Services Service Is Started
Register .Dll Files
Create a New User Profile

None of that worked for me ;) See if it works for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back