can you tell me the difference please?

• Thread starter angeleyesxxx
  • Start date
A

angeleyesxxx

Hi can you tell me what the difference is between Windows xp upgrade and the full version is please?If I get the upgrade what wont I get with it..I am going to buy one tonight and need to know..Thanks in advance...Angeleyesxxx

They are precisely the same. In order to install the upgrade version you must be in possession of the original installation disk from an earlier OS or have an earlier OS installed on your system (though I strongly recommend doing a clean install).

To do a clean install with an upgrade disk, just go ahead and boot to the CD and start the installation. At some point it will ask you to insert the original disk from a previous version of Windows simply to confirm you have it.

the only difference between the two is that the upgrade only upgrades(you have to have some version of windows installed already). where as the full version is the full thing. i would recommend buying the full version though. i have had bad luck with upgrades. both at work and at home. they are always buggy and will cause you problems. upgrades are evil!!! plus i think the full version is more $$$

oDin.

With no disrespect intended toward oDin - his post is not correct.

Feel free to purchase the upgrade. I'm sorry he's had problems, but he's the exception, not the rule.

Thanks!!

Thanks for your quick responses I went out and bougt the upgrade I talked to the sales guys and he said there was no difference in the two and if I had a version of windows already and the disk that the upgrade would be fine,so after seeing the prices I decided on the updated version...I am about to install it now I hope I dont screw up cuz I am new at this...Thanks again everyone!!!! Angeleyesxxx

Welcome

Angeleyesxxx...first of all, welcome to XP-erience.org...you probably wont find a better place to solve most of your puter problems.

Secondly...let us know if the upgrade went well.

GraLk :D

Thanks!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the upgrade worked great!! I did a clean install and it went smooth and is running fine so thanks for the help!! Angeleyesxxx

so what happens if u ever reformat?would u have to install old OS then XP upgrade or could u just install upgrade?

In the post Allan wrote me he said To do a clean install with an upgrade disk, just go ahead and boot to the CD and start the installation. At some point it will ask you to insert the original disk from a previous version of Windows simply to confirm you have it..
So no you don't have to install the old OS just have it handy when ask for it..I am new at this so if I explained it badly sorry...
Angeleyesxxx

i stay away from upgrades. i much prefer to do a full, clean install. there's nothing quite like it!

clean install

Hi I did a clean install with the upgrade I only have windows xp on my computer just had to put in windows me to verify I had it.Everything is running smoothly.Just learning to tweak things now.. Angeleyesxxx ;)

Originally posted by koko
i stay away from upgrades. i much prefer to do a full, clean install. there's nothing quite like it!
It was a clean install - if you read the thread you'll see that. :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back