Can you run an XP 1700 CPU on a 200mhz FSB?

J

joshuajme

I know it will run slower but I just thought I'd double check. Because if you put FSB wrong in a 266FSB Mobo it just shows the slower speed. So surely the cpu will just run slower. I'm just building a crappy lil pc out of spare bits (can u tell :D ) to play videos for my daughter. The chipset is even worse, dirty Sis crap. Somebody agree and I'll stick it together now. Cheers guys.

yeh quite often when i inspect the new builds the 200fsb jumper has been left on. sometimes it can cause blue screens, not often.

did that once to a friend's comp to se if a "low heat/noise" setup would be a good option. like, if he didn't plan on playing games, he could boot up and change the fsb to 200mhz and disable a couple fans via an external witch, and be in "quiet" mode. but i believe i encountered some problems with this. i don't remember what, exactly. i think windows was either unstable or wouldn't even load. :huh:

worth a try, though.

josh what u need to do to get things real fast is get some tin foil and put it over the top of the mother board i heard this works great then cover up all air vents with marmalade or jam marmalade works better tho then after its secure strap some c4 to the out side that should fix it :p

Originally posted by Flashraptor
josh what u need to do to get things real fast is get some tin foil and put it over the top of the mother board i heard this works great then cover up all air vents with marmalade or jam marmalade works better tho then after its secure strap some c4 to the out side that should fix it :p

That's necessary :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back