Can you be haxored?? find out.

well i guess my sygate and antivirus 2005 aren't good enough lol. i'll try this little program thanks

apparently my norton 2004 + zonealarm pro wont do the trick either....
i smell a marketing tactic methinks...

hmm...
Disclaimer of Liability

I understand that in the course of this audit, Internet Security Alliance's program, pcAudit™, will attempt to collect and transfer to its server the following information: this computer's name or any identification assigned, IP address, along with directories and file names, a snapshot of this computer's screen and anything typed (keystrokes) during this audit. Upon completion of audit, you will be provided with a security evaluation showing the security status of this computer.

All information or data collected during this audit program, will only be available to you, and will be deleted automatically after about 5 minutes, unless deleted sooner.

Internet Security Alliance™ will use the collected information or data only for the purpose of this audit program, so Internet Security Alliance™ can generate an audit evaluation report about the security of this computer.

I understand that information collected during this audit will not be encrypted while in transit and can possibly be observed by a third party during and after the audit.
So ... basically if it works they will have directorys/files, your ip, a screenshot, and your computer name. Oh and all this will be transmitted unencrypted.
/me closes

I have started my own security company called We Haxors @ Your Hom3
The way it works is: You let me into your house and I sit down at your computer. If I can look at your documents and files and access stuff like e-mail, favorites, online-banking and IM then you are not secure.
Anyone interested -- drop me a line.

Well the primary problem with this "security check" is that it is an installed program, where in by you are telling the system that you authorize this program to run. My system might actually prevent it as if I don't give the app outbound or server permisions it can't connect to the net. (but I am not going to test that theory). Fimchick's analogy is dead on.

Maveric169 said:
Well the primary problem with this "security check" is that it is an installed program, where in by you are telling the system that you authorize this program to run. My system might actually prevent it as if I don't give the app outbound or server permisions it can't connect to the net. (but I am not going to test that theory). Fimchick's analogy is dead on.
Thats the thing your firewall doesnt prompt you to allow this application to connect to the net. This company/tool has been around for awhile. Their disclaimer reads as any exploit testing tool would read, of course they are going to cover their butts, but they do not themselves exploit your data.

film chick and maveric has it right...this program does nothing but get your permission to accomplish whatever it's accomplishing

as far as internet access out, you provide that by clicking the link

filmchick. maverick...good eye

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back