can we discuss a little politics here???

F

fedele

I want to know if we can discuss politics on this forum....errr...moderator ....moderator wake up!......:)

controversial ?

dunno if we can start a topic that will guarantee flaming...

yeah controversial.....i just find it very dangerous that the arabs and the West are getting ready to go to war over this Irak issue...and the press seems very happy about it....actually pushing it....doesn't someone think that peace is good anymore?

well the only thing I've got to say is on this subject is lets overthrow the Iraq government or lets got r forces out there and let all those countries fight each other. Personally I go for my second choice

Originally posted by Chastity
well the only thing I've got to say is on this subject is lets overthrow the Iraq government or lets got r forces out there and let all those countries fight each other. Personally I go for my second choice

well let them do that of cource, but once they start using nuclear weapons then what? all the radiation clouds will go all over europe and all. i mean i'm all for that they'd kill each other there and we just coming in later and finish off what's left. but i guess their government should be overthrown and all troops that try to fight be fought.
i think it's better to get rid of them all once and for all, because they are animals and cant live in peace, they always need to fight and destroy everything.

Originally posted by Chastity

hmmmmm, when you had your little war in 89 a scud fell down 50 feet near my home.... (big boom).

as to arabs, well you can realize I love them all (yep, yes, aha).
I'm off to the army pretty soon, so i guess i'm going to love them even more...

Ok can I just say that they last time the US meddled in Iraq affairs they assassinated the Prime Minister Muhammad Mussadegh, the next guy that came to power, the Shah, ended up subjecting Iraq to 25yrs of repression and tryanny. That lead to the entire staff of the US embassy there being hostage for over a year and the revolution of Ayatollah Khomeini.

Now tell me interfering again is a good idea...just take a look at history. Well they do say that History repeats itself.

this time it would be worse, it seems to me the arabs don't want any intervention this time and are ready to back Iraq.

Benny, explain something to me please, how does your country Israel going to keep itself together in this conflict? with all due respect , it must be difficult to the people to be threaten all the time and have terrorits bombs every week, etc, etc....I'd say either get out of there or simply win the war once and for all....don't you think...it seems to me that the conflict is endless....a vicious cicle: invade, retaliate, invade attack, go back home...why don't you either INVADE or GET OUT of there and live happily ever after?

I think its a good thing Saddam is to be over thrown
BUT the ramifications from what is about transpire could cause catastrophic reactions in already troubled region. BUT left alone it could end up much worse - For instance if Saddam launched one of his weapons of mass destruction against the free world, the reaction to this would be total annihilation of Saddam's regime & almost certainly resulting in WW3.
This way we takes the bull by horns & diffuse any future potential disaster's & send a clear message to any other would be dictators that this kind of cold war terrorism will no longer be tolerated
Israel needs to get out there & kick ass
its time to earn some respect
:p

I think that as Saddam has been dormant "effectivly" I mean he hasnt cut off the oil, he hasnt invaded anywhere or dropped any weapons on any other nations that he should be left as is. If we dont bother him then him wont bother us.

Originally posted by Geffy
If we don't bother him then him wont bother us.
I think it might be a bit late for that
The no fly zone over southern Iraq has been in effect for over 10 x years & for good reason too.
The United Nations don't make resolutions willy nilly - Saddam has not adhered to them & action needs to be taken - this is one dangerous individual as he has proved to us many times in the past.
The allies now have two good reasons for going in and taking Saddam apart
1. War on terrorism will be fought in multiple theaters
2. Not complying to UN resolution
:cool:

uhmmm....and what about the other arab nations...you know the arab league....they don't want to invade Irak, and I think they don't want another agression from the West to any other arab state...I think the situation isn't that simple.

terrorism has been fought for years...in multiple theatres, only now they are doing something.

Originally posted by fedele
terrorism has been fought for years...in multiple theatres, only now they are doing something.

Yes but most of the fighting was done by the Terrorists.

Also what happened to the US Laizze faire attitude towards the world

Originally posted by fedele

Benny, explain something to me please, how does your country Israel going to keep itself together in this conflict? with all due respect , it must be difficult to the people to be threaten all the time and have terrorits bombs every week, etc, etc....I'd say either get out of there or simply win the war once and for all....don't you think...it seems to me that the conflict is endless....

Teh only contrey that can effort "wining" a war in this world is the U.S.
It is not a problem for Israel to whipe out the entire Palastinien, Lebanon, Syrian, and even Iraqian Population (Israel spends the almost highst amout of money on her army - exept Egypt)
The only problem after "wining" the war exept humanitarisim is the fact that Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Quiet and more Contries will be really MAD at us, and I dont fell like dieing at the age of 18.
As it consurnes "Getting Out" then - Where can we go???

It is cool to discuss stuff like that on here as long as things do not get out of hand. ;)

Originally posted by Geffy

Also what happened to the US Laizze faire attitude towards the world

LOL! That went out the window over 60 yrs ago with Pearl Harbor.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back