Can someone tell me what this means?

T

toxicity

"Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2800.1106, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.1217, fault address 0x00007d85."

I saw this in my events viewer. I think it is whats causing my computer to hang while just doing regular work ie. msn, looking through files on my hdd. etc
its doesnt hang while playing games or watching movies though

Are any of these folders you are looking through storing compressed thumbnails?
If you are accessing these using Thumbnail view try another view and see if that caused the fault to go away.

If you move the folder(s) to a different location then is it all good???

Originally posted by gonaads
If you move the folder(s) to a different location then is it all good???

It happens randomly, im not too sure exactly why. Usually happens when im scrolling up and down through the folder with the scroll bar. then it hands then my destop refreshes.
ie. taskbar, icons on desktops, and all open apps disappear. i see only the wallpaper for a short time. then everything comes back to normal

If this just started resently, have you tried a "restore" of the system? To a point before this started.

Also, have you defragged lately?

When I played with my bios settings (trying to optmize) I started getting thoes types of errors. I backed off abit and they went away.

ok, it just happened to me again and this is what the event viewer told me

"The shell stopped unexpectedly and Explorer.exe was restarted."

What shell?

Do you have "Anark Client" installed on your computer???

If so remove it and then see what is what.

It's a wmplugin: Anark Client for Windows Media 9 Series by Anark Corporation

Also do you have Kazaa or Kazaa Lite installed? If you are running Kazaa and Windows explorer is open and you are randomly clicking on files for info (while Kazaa is running). I believe it may have something to do with the way kazaa searches HD's for file listing (it seems to do this search regardless even if "Do Not Sharing Files" & only My Shared Folder is checked).

Do you have Nero installed??? You may have IMAPI errors when you run Nero.

No Anark Client installed. But i do have kazaa lite installed. i think that might be it also.

I have nero installed but i havent used it since my cdrw went haywire. started getting unsuccessfull burns and crc errors on cds i burnt. time for new one

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back