can someone please convert these for me?

• Thread starter theauditors
  • Start date
T

theauditors

I checked out the recent tutorial on changing mac os x icons to win xp, tried it out for myself, but I can't seem to get it to work

I downloaded stuffit, changed the options, and opened the file I'd downloaded from here

I tried to open it with stuffit, but it didn't recognise it...said it was in an unrecognised file format or something

anyway, I renamed the file from .sit.hqx to .hqx...same problem

but I renamed it to .sit and it opened fine

however, now I can't extract any of the files...and when I do, it says that they're 0 bytes in size

if anyone has a way for me to fix this, that'd be great, but otherwise I'd really appreciate if someone would convert these icons for me and email them to theauditors@optushome.com.au

well, I cant convert these and send them to you, without the author's permission. But you can convert them for personal use.

Sooo, I downloaded the icons from the link u sent me. I wouldnt open up for me either so I renamed the extension to .sit. It worked fine after that... To make sure the icons were uncompressed properly, I sed Iconshop to view them and I could view them, so it worked. Perhaps you could try redownloading the file. And make sure u followwing options set properly in Stuffit.

On the "Cross Platform" tab (in Options), you should make it look like this: Convert text Files... NEVER; Save Macintosh files in Macbinary... When a file contains a resource fork; Modification of file extensions... NEVER. Now, go ahead and uncompress the file.

Good Luck,

o_87

I'm still getting the same problem, so I took some screenshots to assist...

1) I download the file, and rename it to .sit
2) I open the file with stuffit...its contents look like this
3) I open the underling.sit file that was within the first file, and there's a folder called underlingicons. I open that, and it looks like this
4) All of the folders contain something looking like this
5) I right click on the icon file, click extract, and it comes up with this. I click ok.
6) I navigate to the folder I extracted it to, but nothing is there.
7) I try extracting the entire "underling icons" folder from the second .sit file, but none of the subdirectories are copied.
8) I try extracting one of the subdirectories, but when I go to the folder I extracted it to, nothing is there.

can someone please tell me what the @#%*& is going on?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back