Can not play games

C

chopper20

my graphics card is an ATI ALLINONE WONDER PRO with latest driver from ati. All hardware has the latest drivers installed from manufacturers sites but XP will not play games. Everything else is ok and under ME all games work.

thanks for the suggestion but unfortunatly i still can not play games

um!! have you try to configure your video card properly yet?

I'm NOT SURE HOW TO CONFIG IT BUT ALL SETTINGS ARE SET TO DEFAULT

try uninstalling directx 8.1 and installing directx 8.0.

ok, what game are u playing.

i have geforce 256 and i have install the lastest driver too but the default setting is wrong.
so yea. sometime, the default is wrong too.

Errm.....
Could you be more specific about your problems too?
It won't play games...., well you get some error messages or something? Please type the errors you get here!

Similar prob???

hmm well I think i have same kind of prob?

I have this Toshiba Portege 7140Ct Note book..
It's P III 500 MHz
192 Mb SDRAM
12 GB HardDisk
Trident Video Accelerator CyberBlade e4-128.. 4 Mb Ram
WinXP Pro
What Else?

But I can't install COMBAT FLIGHT SIM..
This game has a software that checks computer CPU and Ram..
And it shows to install this game ur computer atleast has to be PIII 166Mz.. and it showz my comp is P III 33Mhz..

Can some one help me out plz..

Thanks

when I click game icon the monitor screen goes black and the green led goes to amber and then flashing amber. Nothing I do will recover the screen

Sound like the game is trying to put the monitor into a to high resolution and/or refresh rate.

Check that your monitor is correct in device mangler.

Originally posted by Bytes back
Sound like the game is trying to put the monitor into a to high resolution and/or refresh rate.

Check that your monitor is correct in device mangler.

my monitor is a belinea 10 30 20 and that is what it says in my device manager. If i try with a different monitor games will play introduction but when the games starts it plays for about 2 seconds and then goes to the black screen wiyh flashing amber led.
Tried other suggestions but still can not play games but thanks everyone for trying

Just out of interest, are there XP drivers built in for this card ?
If there are, does it work with no ATI stuff at all, just windows bog standard drivers.

I HAVE TRIED THE XP DRIVERS THAT CAME WITH XP AND THEY DO NOT WORK. AS A MATTER OF INTEREST A WORK FRIEND HAS SOME ATI RAGE CARD AND IT TO WILL NOT PLAY GAMES UNLESS THEY WERE ALL READY ON BERORE PUTTING XP ON

This one is for Inder:

I have found a way to install programs using the compatibility option in windows. If you are installing of a CD try this:

creat a shortcut of the games Intall.exe file (or close to it) on your desktop - then right click on the shortcut and go to the Compatibility tab.

Set the compatibility to something like Windows 95 (for an old game) and try running the shortcut.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back