Can NOT move some files ???

N

Nhom

I can't move some files under XP...Xp says to me that the file is used by another process...but everything is closed...I just rebooted and the same message ?!?

I defragment my hard drive, and it says that the file I can't move cannot be defragmented ?

I can delete it, fortunately !

Have you an idea on how defragment better ?
I have an Hard drive of 20 GB and 8 GB free

Bye gyus

This file

It is a video DIvx 696 and a 660 divx too...

I think that it happens with BIG files...maybe a bug in the FAT or in the index or something ?!?

I have the same problem as well. Sometimes i can't even delete them (like when i put them on a CD and want to delete them off the HDD).

I have found a way to move/delete them but it takes a bit of patience, which is, create a directory with any name and keep dragging the file into it. Sometimes it moves at the first attempt, but some other times it needs 6-7-8-9 or even 10 attempts for it to move. Then, when in the new directory i can delete it. :rolleyes:

It's weird and happens to me on DivX files as well. I never noticed this happening with any other type of file. Maybe the file is linked to the player in some way ?

I dunno, i just know it happens and it's boring :mad:

Yep

Same problem exactely...fell "aloneless" (don't know if it's right writing...I came from Belgium...)

:D :D

Yep I had/have that problem too. You can not move them but you can delete them. Only way to do it though is with Nero.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back