Can not access or See PC in a WorkGroup

omg its nlm

lvl 17 Hax
Can not access or See PC in a WorkGroup

Both are are the same workgroup name.
I can ping it.
I can remote desktop to it.
I was to share files off it but can not browse to it.

PC 1 XP Pro
PC 2 2003 Server

XP firewall is off
File Sharing is on from what I can tell.

I can not browse to it.
\\192 or server name in the explorer say it can not be found.

Ideas?

NetBIOS over TCP/IP enabled?

I can not even see the computers coming up.

Guest/Limited Account is enabled on the server.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 104
  • untitled1.JPG
    untitled1.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 102
Turn off your firewall(s) and try again. If that works it is the firewall. You will need to open up access on your LAN for the specific computers (both) or just leave the firewall down while transfering the files.

Which way are you trying to go - PC to Server or Server to PC?

Have you tried accessing it by machine name?

and by IP address - I should think this is NOT a DNS issue so if that worked (you say it does I believe) then I am unsure how name can help :s - no offence Dereck - just my dumb

No offense taken, admittely only skimmed the thread.

However I have seen instances where it can resolve name by not IP, and vice versa - which is why I was asking ;)

Which way are you trying to go - PC to Server or Server to PC?

Have you tried accessing it by machine name?

I have tried both ways to access.

I have also tried machine name as well.

I wonder if my cheep belkin router has anything to do with it. I should try it with my Linksys and see maybe. I am really at a loss it should work since I can remote desktop to it, but only by IP and not name.

And both accounts on the 2 machines are password proteced ? If not you wont be able to share unpassworded machines are not secure and XP will not want to share in that enviroment.

is your IP static? if its set to DHCP then the ip might be wrong .... in that case you wouldnt be able to remote either..wierd

And both accounts on the 2 machines are password proteced ? If not you wont be able to share unpassworded machines are not secure and XP will not want to share in that enviroment.

Both Password protected same user name a pass.

is your IP static? if its set to DHCP then the ip might be wrong .... in that case you wouldnt be able to remote either..wierd

Not Static

I can't even see the computers on the network so I am not even to the user account access yet. :)

I guess it should be noted that all of my PCs on the network are visible, pingable, accessable by name & IP, etc. NLM just has bad luck ..haha

Someone come over and fix it I am done. You can have a 21 LCD Monitor, its in GEN3RICs room.

lol - giving away my stuff. well he lied - its a samsung 204B and its 20.1" not 21" :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back