Can load web pages in Firefox, but not IE7 ??

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
I am having a problem where I can load a web page fine in Firefox, but can't in IE7. It keeps giving a url not found error. I can't figure it out, does anyone know why it would be doing that ???

Thanx for any help ...

Do you have a manual IP setup or DHCP?

I have a dhcp, I'm not connected to my router, zeke. It's a page for school, kc. It works with firefox and IE6, but not IE7 ...

Delete Temp Internet Files, flush your DNS resolver cache (ipconfig /flushdns), and then if you are still having issues use the Diagnose Connection Problems tool included with IE7.

There is no point in uninstalling IE7 if it is already installed. It will be automatically installed on "Patch Tuesday" and IE6 will be made obsolete soon (meaning no new updates).

Did that, Matt. It still doesn't work ..

I'm going back to firefox, screw IE for now ... When they get that fixed I will think about getting it again ..

its a security feature of IE7...
they couldnt fix any of the previous security risks, so they just decided to not allow any sites

Johnny, try adding the site to the "Trusted sites" whitelist.

That won't work either, matt. Boy this is annoying lol .. I don't know. As long as it works in Firefox is good enough I guess. It is strange that it will work in firefox, but not IE. I will have to get a hold the university tomorrow and ask them why it won't work. Of course, they probably won't know either ...

Have you tried loading IE 7 in no add-ons mode?

Shortcut is located at: Start > all programs > accessories > system tools

Also make sure the security zones and advanced options are default.

You can always reset IE 7 back to default like when it was first installed on the advanced tab of IE options.

Thanx for the help, AZ. that won't work either .. Maybe M$ broke it on purpose ?? lol

It may be then that it is the site itself has not updated to be compatible with IE 7.

There shouldn't be any updates for the site to work with IE7. It should just work.

So far I did everything you guys said. I also disabled the firewall, disabled my aitvirus, tried to access it in safe mode. Tried to access it with everything disabled except for IE7. Nothing will work. I get nothing buty page can not be found, yet, with Firefox it comes up perfect ..

I am going to call the University tomorrow and ask them what the problem can be ...

Thanx for all you help ...

There shouldn't be any updates for the site to work with IE7. It should just work.

That's not entirely true. Some sites check on request for the browser string and if the string isn't recognized it will fail. I had similar problems with the Microsoft Partner site when the IE7 beta first came out.

It may be then that it is the site itself has not updated to be compatible with IE 7.

Why would a site need to be compatible with a specific browser? Shouldn't the browser be the one that has to adhere to web standards (W3C and such)?

"Product Differentiation"
Every product has to "one up" the last product in the eyes of the marketing department no matter how much trouble that causes by violating "interoperability standards". As usual the consumer takes it in the shorts.

"Intellectual Property Rights"
The imbeciles in the copyright and patent offices have exceeded their mandate by patenting such simple concepts as a pull down menu or the order in which items appear in a menu. These absurd nterpretations of copyright and patent law have led to everybody having to make their menus appear and operate differently to avoid litigation.

Rant over.

It's kinda funny how the looks of things makes one think that M$ is starting to try and make people change their websites to suit their new browser. This reminds me of how Firefox tried to do the same thing. Only diff is that M$ will be able to do it. Sheesh, I am starting to really dislike M$ ..

Johnny, you are confused. It has nothing to do with the browser, it has to do with the actual code of the web site.

Johnny, you are confused. It has nothing to do with the browser, it has to do with the actual code of the web site.

That is what I am getting at:) . It's kinda funny how the web designers have to change their design to suit IE7 now. There shouldn't be any cases like that. It should be compatible with all websites. Why does IE7 sounds more and more like xbox 360 ??

I'll let you all know what the University says after I talk to them today ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back