can i trust this ebayer?

Kush

High On Life!
ok i found the nokia 6680 for 300 dollars problem is most of them are at ~680 dollars, i emailed the guy like 24 times me and him back and forth but i feel like its a bot for some reason, because he emails the same sentences back somtimes with the same exact structure and spacing etc, this could just be that he is copy pasting but i dont know he has a good feedback though.
User's Feedback
his email is joi90@aol.com and hes in romania i can pm the emails to u guys if u want i just dont want to get scammed, he promisis me that hes a a good ebayer and wont do that.

ok and even worse the auction just dissapred.

I would not risk it. Its $300, way to much of a chance of not getting it. If the auction is gone, I wouldnt go for it. Thats just to fishy..... If you want to though, let us know if you get it.

Acution was there when I looked. His feedback looks alright (97% - no negative in past year). In the end it's up to you and what level of risk you like. :)

ok i asked for his phone number and he just gave me one, ill call it in the morning, if its a valid number should i get this auction?

When you click on "items for sale" it says this member has none for sale. :suprised:

why did he stop the auction?
"I have stoped the auction because I have so many offers from different ebayers and I
dont know who is who and what item wants everyone.I get more and more confused..."

ok guys im ganna go to sleep, and tommow in the morning ill see what im going to do, thing is i really want this phone but i dont want to spend much of my dads money ohh one last thing that really made me sceptical was that he said the shiping price was included, and it was an overnight shipment, which would cost tons of money.

If the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Don't get sucked in. He hasn't traded for a while and you can't see his previous auctions.

steer clear - I got scammed on Ebay, not time to explain now, but positive feedback does not mean a lot. And you'll likely have no comeback - certainly not through Ebay anyway. Even with a phone contact or soemthign this can still be a con - I would definitely stay well away from it myself.

He only has four sales and the last sale was in June of 2004.

I always worry when something is too good to be true. It can be that good a deal because he has no intention of sending it to you.

Yeah before I buy something with of any real cost I usally check the sellers feedback and I'll check the feedback of those leaving the feedback to make sure they aren't just a slew of 1 sale/purchase wonders.

Don't... The item was pulled, that's not good. You say you don't want to spend too much of your dad's money. Well if this transaction goes south, then you are going to be throwing away your dad's money. And then he will probably want to sell you on ebay.

I am on ebay a bit and when an item/auction is pulled, there's a reason. It usually isn't a good one though. Most of the time it's because the item isn't getting the amount the seller thought it would get. I have never ever screwed anyone over on ebay, not on Collecting Nation (to bad it's gone now :() My feedback is perfect, but as Mainframeguy said, it don't really mean much. But it's a good guide. There are people that have a lot of good feedback but only have a very few sales and more purchases are the ones to be very careful of. They are selling, but not really. If you understand what I mean. But alot of them start as sellers that way also. It's hard to be sure. Always side on caution

Leave it alone, I know you're hot for the phone, but another one will come along.

I always pay with Paypal on ebay so if things do go bad I know I am dealing with the same company. But then the most expensive thing I have bought on ebay was a £50 xbox so I could take it apart and try to fix it.

final verdict? SCREW HIM lol, ill just ask my dad if i can buy it here from dubai or sharjah, i get shy asking my dad though, or online from the ones that are $673 it only is like 25 dollars cheaper in the end after a 85 dollar shipping rate lol, well see maybe i can wait a week and the prices will have fallen

bah, just get a uk contract. Any phone under the sun is free with em, means it is hardly cool to own the latest phone anymore so I only had one solution. Now got two £40+ a month contracts. Really need to work that out.

yeah see the thing is, my friends dad has two lines in the uk and he gets two phones a year with the contracts thing, so i was ganna have him buy it for me when he goes, but hes only staying in the airport, is there anyone on the forum who would be willing to get me the phone? ill give u more than what you get the phone for if you like say like 100 dollars or something (if the price is lower than the ebay auctions which it should be)

themafia.69 said:
yeah see the thing is, my friends dad has two lines in the uk and he gets two phones a year with the contracts thing, so i was ganna have him buy it for me when he goes, but hes only staying in the airport, is there anyone on the forum who would be willing to get me the phone? ill give u more than what you get the phone for if you like say like 100 dollars or something (if the price is lower than the ebay auctions which it should be)
you could wait when you come to canada you could get it from the airport in holland or heathro depending which way you take that is, im gonna check out the prices next week in holland i'll let you know about the prices

the airport prices are terrible, at least they were in frankfurt. 800 euros for the dsc-p200 and in the states it costs 350 dollars

themafia.69 said:
the airport prices are terrible, at least they were in frankfurt. 800 euros for the dsc-p200 and in the states it costs 350 dollars
oh well wont hurt to take a peak anyway i like looking at phones anyway so i'll ask

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back