Can I go Higher with my gf o/c

P

Pythro

I've got an eVGA Geforce 2 mx 400 with 64 mb of ram and i currently have the core @ 225 mhz and the memory @ 193 mhz.
I've got the side off my case and a big fan blowing on the card. I'm not having any stability issues. Do you think I can go higer? I see people with a 400mhz memory clock. The card is only warm when running ut2k3.

Originally posted by Pythro
I've got the side off my case and a big fan blowing on the card.
kind of extreme lengths for a gf2 mx, don't you think? i don't get it.

but, anyway... you'll only know if you can go higher if you try it. move up in maybe 3mhz increments with the cpu and run the ut2k3 benchmark. keep goin til it starts looking weird or locks up. then back it off a little. repeat the process for memory.

With that slow processor, overclocking your video card is fairly pointless, especially for ut2k3 which is highly cpu dependent. Anyways, I say o/c it anyway, its just fun to see how high it goes :) Just push it till you see artifacts or crashes or as taurus said, starts looking weird or locks up.
There is an overclocking section now by the way. Have fun :cool:

ok sweet dont think i can go much higher without the screen doing weird things

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back