can i get my pc to disconnect when i get a call ?

14sr

is it possible to get my pc to dissconnect from the net when i get a incoming telephone call ???? i have a v.92 modem and call waiting from bt but i cannot find any software to help me . any ideas would be great . stu

if u just use dial up to connect, there in options should be *78(i really dont remember which number it is) but u should remove it.

I think this has more to do with the modem hardware/software, modems can often put calls on hold, connect/disconnect on request and act as an answering machine

is there any way that i can just make it disconnect me every time i get a call though ????

look through your modem settings, i remember mine had answer machine options and stuff when it was installed on a Win 98 OS but doesn't seem to have any of those options on XP.
With most new modems, enabling call waiting doesn't disconnect them, they seem to hang on the connection a lot better.
My friend in the UK bought a component that plugs in between the phone line and the modem which intercepts the call waiting beeps and lets you d/c from the internet and take the call... you'd have to have a look around shops n stuff.. but i know there aren't any in new zealand

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back