can i get a disc image of 7?

Taurus

hardware monkey
i have a legit home premium key that i bought through the student deal, but no disc. what's a good way to get a complete, virgin, safe 64-bit image? is it legal to do this or should i pay $13 to MS for them to send me one?

well, i figured how to make a bootable ISO out of the files i DL'd when i purchased it... which basically seems to be the same thing you have linked. nice to have if i need the 32-bit version, though. thanks. will they work for retail and upgrade keys?

Just to be clear; the link showed 64bit also. The keys should work. Y'ld have to try to see. During install when you enter the key it'll say not valid if it doesn't like your key. Good luck!

I've heard the "student" version comes as a weird ".exe" version of the installer, but people have created a way to convert that ".exe" into a normal ISO that works just like any other. :)

I've heard the "student" version comes as a weird ".exe" version of the installer, but people have created a way to convert that ".exe" into a normal ISO that works just like any other. :)
yeah, i got that far...
well, i figured how to make a bootable ISO out of the files i DL'd when i purchased it...
... but i would like to have the "ultimate" discs, both 32 and 64-bit, so i can install any version since i have both a home premium and professional key now.

You can delete the ei.cfg file from the sources folder.
Recompile the ISO and burn to DVD then choose whatever version you want during install.

No, it comes as an .exe which starts up a program that downloads an ISO into a temporary folder which you can then burn to a disk.

That being said, my version of Windows 7 from MSDNAA allowed me to choose what I wanted to install during the installer, however when I selected Ultimate not realising I only have a key for Professional I had to re-install again to get it activated.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back