Can I dis/enable my secondary display with a shortcut?

baser5nature

OSNN Addict
Is there a way to create a shortcut to access the display properties in order to disable or enable my secondary monitor (a tv) on my Geforce 4 mx 440???? I'm pretty sure the secondary display device is controlled by XP though... i could be wrong... I like to disable it for gaming...:huh:

I know its possible with ati not sure with nvidia but ati you could en/dis able with a custom hotkey that could be assigned in the display panel may not solve your problem but at least i replied

baser, i'm in exactly the same situation as you......GeForce 4 440, with TV as secondary, so I am also waiting with bated breath for a solution. Someone out there must have some ideas??!!??

TOK

got it figured out...

ok... i think it's the same format since Detonator's 28.xx ( for a while anyway... btw i'm using the 42.70's)

Open nView Desktop Manager (nView Properties)

1) check "show advanced nView controls" - apply

2) under the "profiles" tab, create two profiles (since the generic one can't be renamed easily, i just deleted it) name them whatever... one will be the single monitor configuration, one will be dual

3) check "Include Display Settings in Profile Loads and Saves" - apply this will ensure that proper resolutions and whatnot are saved...

4) double click the first profile you want to set up. this makes it the active profile.

5) under the "hot keys" tab create a hotkey combo to "Load profile..." make sure you set it to load the OTHER profile and designate your shorcut keys (Alt + Shift + whatever)

6) go back to the "profiles" tab and "Save Profile"

7) activate the next profile by double clicking it

8) repeat steps 4-6 for however many profiles you want to setup. You have to create the hotkey combos in each profile... and remember if you are in your single monitor profile you don't need to create a hotkey combo to load you single monitor profile...

Please post any corrections or additions to these instructions

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back