can i clone my W2K on ntfs?

V

vlad_l

I intend to install win2000 on a computer with ntfs, along with a couple of other software;

I heard it is possible to create an image of the newly installed system and use it on other computers with the same hardware configuration.

What I want to know is if i can clone w2k from a ntfs and what software should i use for creating the image...????

Please anyone help!

thanks.

couldnt u just put the hard drive in another comp and do a disk copy or something?

i am in a lab at my university, the computers are the same (hardware), so i would not want to stay and install the same software and OS on each one;

i want to know if it IS possible to somehow create an image of the first installation on the other computers.

Well yes there is a way for to do want you want. There are a couple of programs that I'm aware of that will make images of your drive and in thoery should let you install it on other systems with the same hardware specs. PowerQuest's Drive Image or Norton Ghost will do this

thanx a lot;
i will try them, and in case anything goes wrong i hope i will get your support again;

thanx again!

Originally posted by Chastity
Well yes there is a way for to do want you want. There are a couple of programs that I'm aware of that will make images of your drive and in thoery should let you install it on other systems with the same hardware specs. PowerQuest's Drive Image or Norton Ghost will do this

does it work with NTSF file format? I did it once but only work for FAT format.

Well I've not actually used Ghost or Drive Image yet. But as Dredd said Ghost does support NTFS and FAT32 and I beleive Drive Image does as well

you have to use Norton Ghost 2003. This version will support NTFS

Originally posted by Chastity
Well I've not actually used Ghost or Drive Image yet. But as Dredd said Ghost does support NTFS and FAT32 and I beleive Drive Image does as well
'

Wow, Chastity! It's been a long time since I've seen your name here!

Well... if you ghost one PC and then put that image on another on the same network it will not work. The SIDs would be the same, thus causing a problem. You would need to remove the SID from the image before using it. I believe that Ghost comes with SIDWalker (?) and that will do it. Otherwise you could always just set up a network share and install Windows off of there using unattended installation. This method is much better because it will work with PCs that have different hardware and it is much easier to update.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back