Can anyone tell me?

xsivforce

Prodigal Son
WTF is this? I am trying to set up a home network. In doing so, something called Earthlink on KONG showed up (see img below). I can't delete it. What is it and why is it there. I could find nothing on it when I searched on google.

Maybe King Kong merged with earthlink lol. Sorry xsivforce that pic had me rolling. Maybe its the name of the server??

Your earthlink connection, its source. Just guessing here.

I am on Roadrunner. I have never had Earthlink on this machine. I can find nothing on this!

Hmm I see. Something got installed that popped earhlink up there. Do this xsivforce, look at your windows restore and look at the dates of your backups it might give you a clue of what got installed and when.
Roadrunner is not owned by earthlink. Time Warner owns it.

Originally posted by bmxjt
Is roadrunner maybe owned by Earthlink?
I don't know, but this wasn't there before today. If I click to connect it. I get this.

Originally posted by Terrahertz
look at the dates of your backups it might give you a clue of what got installed and when.
It just showed up about 2 hours ago. All I was doing was trying to set up a home network, which, by the way has not worked yet.

Software, did you install any software? Is this a new PC your setting up broadband on or were you using dialup before?

Originally posted by Terrahertz
Software, did you install any software? Is this a new PC your setting up broadband on or were you using dialup before?
No new software. All that has been on this machine is Roadrunner and has been for quite some time.

Umm. Now I open my network connections...and it's gone? I don't get it. I did nothing! I guess I picked the wrong week to quit methamphetamines.

LOL something happened and Im curious. When you find out let me know please.

i would say its the abreviation for a diffrent server... kong...
kinda out... need grapes....
ok, thats korny....

Looks like some computer named KONG turned on ICS on an interface called Earthlink and letting you use it. That way you got your IP from KONG and the icon showed up to tell you that "Internet is this way". I belive I have a similar icon but it's called "Home.se Free Internet on Kontorsdatorn" where "Kontorsdatorn" is my gateway.

Maybe.

Um Mayor,

Is this kong thing on the other computer your'e networking with, I ask because when me and Gothic did a bit of death macthing at his contry retreat :) , His internet connections appeared on my computer.

Very possibly. I will check that out. It is a machine that was given to me. But, wait a minute. I wiped out the hard drive and did a clean install of the OS. I don't know. If it does anything else weird, I'll post it here. Otherwise, fugettaboutit (Italian Accent)

I'm glad you didn't mention I helped put it there...

Does the network now work?!?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back