Can anyone get the tilt wheel to work in MOH?

J

jkoXP

I haven't been able to get the tilt wheel to work in games yet.. It works on anything else.

When I go to specify the button the game won't recogonize the movement.

Do you mean the middle mouse button wheel?

If so, look in the config file for 'MWHEELDOWN' and 'MWHEELUP' as thats the name for the button. If you find it, you can just manually bind the key for what you want.

No, the tilt left and tilt right. MS has a new mouse that you can tilt the wheel left and right. I read a review that it works in these games, but I haven't gotten it to work in games yet, just documents and websites.

Ah, I'm with you now.

Erm, had a bit of a look around but couldnt find much :s

You could always try second guessing what the name of the button is..

MTILTLEFT, MTILTRIGHT etc.

I'll keep looking and see if I can find anything

They don't give an option to type, you can only hit the button you want.

Thanks for looking. I'll keep searching too.

By manually I mean by going into the game dir and looking for the config.cfg file. Pop it open in wordpad and then you should see all the settings for the game, bindings included

Btw, been looking at these mice and they look niffy, may have to get one :)

Ok, I'll try that then.

They are very nice. They fit my big hand and my gf's small hand. Best mouse I have used for surfing and playing games. The tilt wheel is handy when I'm doing work in an HTML editor or Excel too.

Got a couple of questions about them heh :)

Whats the battery use like? They use them up stupidly fast or is it as long life as microsoft say? And whats the wireless like? I can imagine the signal dropping in the middle of typing could be annoying, as it would miss half the keystrokes.

The battery life has been good so far, I use it for about 8 hours a day, and the battery hasn't dropped yet. (it has a meter too).

The signal is great too, works up to 8 feet away (I tested it). Only way you would have problems is if you have any type of interference.

BTW, I couldn't edit the config file. :( Half-Life won't recognize it either....

Been lookin around, amazon.co.uk has the wireless desktop elite set for £62.49

Quite tempted heh :)

I've still not found anything to help you with mohaa, asked about and no one I know has one of these mice so I cant even ask them :confused:

Not sure how much that is is USD, but I think it's worth it. Gaming alone is better so far with that mouse. It's laser eye reads much better then my older MS Explorer optical mouse, it used to skip around a lot.

I will probably have to wait awhile on getting this issue fixed till more people get it or a patch is released maybe. I'd edit the config file but the only one I can find is for video. :confused:

I believe that Half Life deathmatch (maybe it's BF1942?) gives you the name of the button when it's unbound and you try to push it, like "mouse4 is unbound".

Once you have the name of the button, you should be able to bring down the console in MOHAA while playing (press the ~ key) and type "bind <name of button> +leanleft" without the quotes.

with older logitech drivers, the extra buttons couldnt be used, the quick fix used to be disabling and drivers that came with the mouse and using windows drivers. then i could assign all my buttons :)

hope this helps.

Does the mouse app have someway to assign maybe letters to the tilt? Then assign those in the game?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back