Can Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended do same things as Photoshop Elements?

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey guys,

I have an Intro to Web Design I course, which requires us to purchase Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Flash, and Photoshop Elements. Through our discounts with the school, I can get Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Premium for a good deal. I would like to get that as it also has Photoshop, but only if Photoshop can do what Elements can.

Our teacher finally listed the requirements and stated that we could skate by with using Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Standard and Elements, so I'm not sure what I want to get.

So as the question stands: Can Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended to the same features that Adobe Photoshop Elements can do?

indeed it can, elements is a cut down version of photoshop (feature wise and such)

Thanks guys, I went ahead and purchased it, a much better solution than buying Creative Suite 4 Web standard + Elements. The teacher was also cool with me just using photoshop. I could've saved a few bucks since I have CS2, but I'm not worried about it. Now I just need to see how I can reimburse this through my college loan.

Yeah, Photoshop Extended is what you want.

Just out of curiosity, can any of the programs work with video for the web? I'm looking to start doing some videos for my fire department website, so just curious if I am tackling two birds with one stone by getting Creative 4 Web Premium.

Adobe Illustrator CS4
Adobe Fireworks CS4
Adobe Contribute CS4

It looks like Soundbooth is as it sounds, and I already know what Acrobat does.

Thanks!

premier is for video, after effect is just that adding effects after - both of which are not in your collection, there are other tools about, someone should pop by soon and be able to advise you ;)

Can Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended do same things as Photoshop Elements

You do not necessarily have to get rid of them. You can simply reset them to the defaults and load the others only when you need them.BTW, brushes are stored in the Adobe > Adobe Photoshop > Presets > Brushes folder.

Re: Can Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended do same things as Photoshop Elements

You do not necessarily have to get rid of them. You can simply reset them to the defaults and load the others only when you need them.BTW, brushes are stored in the Adobe > Adobe Photoshop > Presets > Brushes folder.

Spike: not exactly sure what you're trying to answer here since this thread really doesn't deal with brushes..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back