Can a AGP Card be used in a PCI SLOT?

B

badboy542

I really dont think it can, but I was wondering. thanks

no, definately not. if you tried you would find that the agp card would physically not go in, cos the connectors are different shapes. wrong jigsaw piece scenario.

NO NO NO NO NO !!!! :D

Mind you, if you hacksaw the board about a bit, swap bits about, lots of glue and tape, change volatges etc..............................erm..............................NO !;)

Eh, that's what these forums are for, asking questions. :) Don't feel bad.

JM

i tried it with an old voodoo video card when i first bought one and it was agp. I forced it into a pci slot, worst experience of my life.

Originally posted by Jz1397-4
i tried it with an old voodoo video card when i first bought one and it was agp. I forced it into a pci slot, worst experience of my life.

oops :D :D :p

*LOL* That must have been hard. The PCI slot is further out than the AGP. Did you have the card sticking out of the case?? No offence dude, but that was a really stupid move. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit!

I don't think so. Then again, I've heard nothing is impossible. I guess you could spend a few hundred dollars trying to achieve this conversion and wind up with an ulcer. Personally, I would'nt try it.:D

Originally posted by Zedric
*LOL* That must have been hard. The PCI slot is further out than the AGP. Did you have the card sticking out of the case?? No offence dude, but that was a really stupid move. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit!
accually, i never did it, but a friend did. he mutilated the dam thing.

if you dont know what your doing, stay out of the case

it will cost you twice as much for me to fix the problem and the damage you did trying to do it yourself than it would have for me to have fixed it in the first place..........:eek:

Also, if you attempt it don't forget to wear your ground strap, rubber boots, eye protection, have you eye-wash station up to date, and all MSDS records current and readily available.:D ;)

Re: if you dont know what your doing, stay out of the case

Originally posted by spikemic

it will cost you twice as much for me to fix the problem and the damage you did trying to do it yourself than it would have for me to have fixed it in the first place..........:eek:
1) why would you be fixing it if i broke it? 2) no one is that fu*ching retarted to try. look at them!

Re: if you dont know what your doing, stay out of the case

1) why would you be fixing it if i broke it? 2) no one is retarted enough to try. look at them!

1) its just a general sarcastic remark made to anyone who thinks they know everything about how to fix their computer just because they know how to turn it on and load a program.........
2)i have no clue what you are even saying ..........i thought it was lighthearted in here.......but some take it all to seriously..jeeezzzz

1) its just a general sarcastic remark made to anyone who thinks they know everything about how to fix their computer just because they know how to turn it on and load a program.........
2)i have no clue what you are even saying ..........i thought it was lighthearted in here.......but some take it all to seriously..jeeezzzz
no, it was just the fact that you said that you would fix it if i broke it.

it wasnt pointed at you and duh if someone cut up an AGP card its not going to be fixed
i was tr.............. this is so old......... never mind who cares

it wasnt pointed at you and duh if someone cut up an AGP card its not going to be fixed
i was tr.............. this is so old......... never mind who cares
good call... lets go to a bar.

DOH!!!!:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back