Camera For My Needs

Tittles

Dabba Dooba
Political Access
Hello there

My mom keeps bugging me to give her more ideas for christmas. I was thinking and thought what about Digital Camera?

My buddies always talk about how we wish we had one for our drunk moments,when we go two tracking,muddin,and whatever else.

I not looking for anything fancy or anything. Something that will fit my moms budget since her work screwed everybody over and let go all of the people so they could bring new people in to do the job for cheaper. I remember my ex girlfriend having a Kodak Easyshare or something like that. I thought that was a decent camera. It also had video which was nice at the time when I was with her ;)...muhaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Anyway...what do you all recommend?

Excellent idea! I don't know any specific one to recommend, but go to pricegrabber.com and do a search... ;)

*waits for Tittles Kart Video II*

dsc-p150? i dont know the current price on it now, but since the 200 can be gotten for roughly 300 dollars, i guess it can be gotten for about 200 250ish?

all I think is make sure you have at least 3x optical zoom, digital zoom on cameras is not up to snuff

What is the budget? $100,200,300
-You can get an adequate camera for an amatuer at any of those prices. Depends on how much you want in the way of features. Figure $150 for a nice one. Let me know the price and I'll find out what's the hottest deal for that money right now.

Features:
-3.2 megapixel is good for general use.
-All the digital cameras have video mode now.
-You will need to get a memory stick to go with it. Figure a 256 or 512 meg for $20-30 after rebate. The built memory is tiny.
-3x optical zoom
-Make sure it runs off NiMH rechargeable batteries (keep 2 sets charged)
-Don't expect it to work as good as a film camera.
--Digital is much slower which means action shots will not happen.
--And highlights in pictures in bright sunlight will be washed out.

Cameras are not rugged. Don't expect to drop it and have it survive. Or get mud all over it and think you can rinse it off.

Well I was expecting something between $100-$200.

We used my buddy's moms digital a few times but she won't let us use it anymore since she wants to make sure she has it for when my buddy's brother and his girlfriend have a kid in January.

So really anything thats somewhat decent between the price range I mentioned. I don't know much about the whole megapixel thing but I know how to use one pretty well and have it set up.

Mafia: Not really diggin that camera. Thanks tho

Ok, local or mail order? Do you have a prefered store in your area?
Sale and rebate prices tend to be better on local purchases than web prices.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16830120181

And $20 left over for a memory stick.

I think thats a "mini frame" which have become real popular. My wife hates them tho because they are too small.

And at the risk of being banned from OSNN:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4104480#Specifications
Video sucks on this one. 320x instead of 640 like the cannon.

Last edited:
I sorta like it but then I don't. Everytime I look at it I like it a little more.

Only stores around here are Best Buy and Circuit City.

Is this any good?

I liked the Nikon Koolpic I had until it just stopped working. We know have a SLR body Digital Camera

I love the Canon EOS (think number maybe D350) which is geting heavy coverage here - price in UK = £799 dunno about USA, but I do know that the EOS SLR 35mm is a lovely camera - used someone elses - so this would be what i would treat myself too if I had any money!

tittles that a decent camera, kodaks are good, i usualy go for sony's as they have Carl zeiss lens which are really high quality german lens, so if u can find a cheap sony thats 3.2 or 5mp i would go for that, also nikon has good lens, the thing isnt about mp as i found out, mp only means it will be bigger in size, not clearer, i like to have both though which gives me the option to do whatever i please with the pics, hope this helps a bit

EDIT: forgot to add, u could find really cheap ass no name brand cameras on ebay, like 50 60 bucks that say like 10mp or 12, but thats bs, they are really like 3mp (with a crappy lens, so pics will look ****e!) and they are interpolated, which means they strech the pic to that resolution which is the same as doing it on ur pc so its basically a scam for people that dont know anything about cameras and think the higher the mp the better

themafia.69 said:
tittles that a decent camera, kodaks are good, i usualy go for sony's as they have Carl zeiss lens which are really high quality german lens, so if u can find a cheap sony thats 3.2 or 5mp i would go for that, also nikon has good lens, the thing isnt about mp as i found out, mp only means it will be bigger in size, not clearer, i like to have both though which gives me the option to do whatever i please with the pics, hope this helps a bit

EDIT: forgot to add, u could find really cheap ass no name brand cameras on ebay, like 50 60 bucks that say like 10mp or 12, but thats bs, they are really like 3mp (with a crappy lens, so pics will look ****e!) and they are interpolated, which means they strech the pic to that resolution which is the same as doing it on ur pc so its basically a scam for people that dont know anything about cameras and think the higher the mp the better

Alrighty thanks :)

Will look into some Sony cameras and then post back to see what you all think.

Yeah I am not a big fan on buying certain things on ebay. Bunch of scams I tell ya!

any of Nikons CoolPix cameras are good cameras they were rated VERY high when they first came out, they arent as high now because the technology has caught up and sometimes past it...

I would go with a company that has always been making cameras from the start not a company that started with stereos.

Minolta, olympus ( this is what my SLR Body is), Nikon, Cannon, Kodak.

They know how to make Cameras.

Just my $.o2

I have a 7.2MP Sony camera that I use at work for taking pics for our website that I like. Pretty pricy though. I have a Canon 3.2MP camera at home that i've had for about a year now. Both are good. If I had to buy another it would probably be another Canon.

You can get a Canon PowerShot A520 at Best Buy right now for $199. You can't go wrong with a Canon. I don't think you really need even that much of a camera, though.

Quite a few 4MP cameras for $149 at Best Buy. A Sony, a Kodak and an Olympus. Might check those out.

I would stick with cannon or Nikon, I am biased to these two companies because they make the best lenses for their cameras, they dont use cheap glass, and anyone who tells you to just get an adapter and buy another brand, well, they need to go back to photography school...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back