Call of Duty: United Offensive crashing computer

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey guys,

My computer setup is in my signature. I decided that since purchasing CoD: UO a couple weeks ago, I was going to play some CTF since I was bored. Well for some reason, about 10 minutes into the game [if that], the game will completely lock up my computer. I don't mean that the program will crash and I won't get back out the windows... I mean completely crash the computer. I know this because I have an LCD Screen on the front of my computer that switches screens about every 15 seconds. When the computer crashes, the screens stop switching, which is something new I have never seen before.

As stated my computer configuration is in my signature. The first time it crashed, I was OCing my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. After it crashed I figured it may be getting too hot. Well, I went back to the default clock, and it still crashed. Has this been a known issue? Any ideas on how I can fix this?

First

Update all your drivers to see if that helps.
Check temps after playing a few minutes by using Aida 32 or some other utility, you can usally escape the game during play by pressing the windows key.
Disable all AV software and exit all unneeded programs.
Try different resolutions.
Check for any nonM$ signed drivers and if any are found let winders search for new drivers. I had this problem with a cheapo controller and NFSHP.
Try disabling any cacheing in the BIOS, such as BIOS cache...
Is your harddrive fragmented? Strange question but if it is trying to load from a hundred different areas then it can cause problems. Had a few do this.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back