Call Of duty Game server setup.

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I am trying to figure out how to setup a game server for Call of Duty. I have read a lot of online manuals, forwarded a bunch of ports on my BESFR41, created a dedicated.cfg file in my parent directory. As of yet, I still cannot see my server listed in the Server List. I only see it in the LAN Server List, Not the Internet one.

Does/Has someone successfully created a Call Of duty Server that could lend me a hand?

Thanks in advance.

Heeter

CoD uses gamespy for the server browser, so you will have to open the ports that gamespy requires too

Thanks Zeke,

I already have done that.

Heeter

Are you making a server so that a group of friends can play? or just any person? If its just you friends you could just give them your IP and let them join that way

Yeah, just a private one that only three buddies could play together.

Thanks, Zeke

Heeter

You must set up the .cfg file properly. (it needs special command lines)
I will post a sample of the file I use... using it you will be able to see your server on the ingame browser as well as gamespy.

I have to dig around in my server to get it for you, I will try to post it later tonight...I have an appointment right now...check back later.

-LP

Heeter said:
Yeah, just a private one that only three buddies could play together.

Thanks, Zeke

Heeter

Sure thing

Thanks LPDad,

I do have a .cfg file that I copied off a help site. Seeing yours will help a lot. I also forwarded ports on my Besfr41 Linksys router. I can only see the server on the LAN section, not on the Internet.

Heeter

Ok, sorry it took so long...I am having a mobo/psu problem with the puter my server is installed on...I am going to have to replace the mobo to get it working.

ANYWAY, until I can get the information off of it for you, here is a guide to use in setting up your Server.cfg.

http://www.olddogvt.net/cod-firewall/

The most important thing to add your configuration file (to make your server appear on the servers listing, both in the COD gamebrowser and in gamespy) is the following:

Once you’re ready to “publish” the server to the outside world, you will need to have, in your CFG file, the following entries:

// MasterServers

seta sv_gamespy "1"
seta sv_master1 "codmaster.activision.com"
seta sv_master2 ""
seta sv_master3 ""
seta sv_master4 ""
seta sv_master5 ""

this entry will make your server available to GameSpy, All Seeing Eye, ActiVision, and InfinityWard.

NOTE: For a United Offensive server, you need the following:

// MasterServers

seta sv_gamespy "1"
seta sv_master1 "coduomaster.activision.com"
seta sv_master2 ""
seta sv_master3 ""
seta sv_master4 ""
seta sv_master5 ""

Of course, you will need to open the appropriate router ports (also covered in the above link.

When I can regain access to my server computer I will also post my particular server.cfg for you...it works well.

-LP

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back