Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

robry

OSNN Newbie
its comin out right after rememberance day (great timing guys >.>) on the 12th. i know cod2 sucked a ton, but now 4 is comin out. i never actually looked at cod3 but i heard the graphics sucked just liek cod2. apparently cod4 has incredible graphics (almost up there with CS:S). anyone lookin forward to it?

mm.. u're talking about the pc version right?

cos... if yes.. then u got a couple of things wrong :)

mm.. there wasnt a cod3.. and cod2 wasnt bad... i mean, u may like it or not.. but it wasnt necessarily a bad game
and the graphics were pretty awesome.. to bad it wasnt so optimized, but it looked great

this one has even better graphics than cs:s... they're similar to rainbow six vegas in the look and feel (minus all the vegas glow :p)
and the thing i liked is that i goes sooo smooth... really.. way better than ut3 or crisys (well, crisys actually looks better, so it isnt a fair comparison...)

either way... i wasnt looking forward to it when it was announced... but i am now, after playing the demo

=]

COD4 looks awesome. That game might cause me to start gaming again. The new NFS looks good as well.

For sure COD4 is on my list of games to get ... I was waiting for COD3 on PC never happened and I did not go with the X BOX 360 version I waited it out, Crysis is damn smooth for me ... and thats pre-ordered as well, right now I am in the thick of Painkiller Overdose !!!

Electronic Punk said:
COD3 was 360 exclusive.

actually, it was for 360 and Wii. i have the Wii version.... but never played through it. had the most uber-touchy controls for Wii EVER!

as for the OP's comments on CoD2.... just look at his specs. Don't think he ever even touched CoD2.

1) Alienware..... nuff said.
2) either he somehow found an Intel 975X motherboard that supports SLI (i haven't seen one browsing through Newegg).... or he somehow managed to get SLI working on a Crossfire motherboard (maybe possible... but unlikely).... or he just bought the wrong video card to use if he ever plans on going the dual-GPU route.

robry.... sorry to sound like an a**.... but to save yourself from future idiotic comments..... there's an easy solution to both finding out information about games.... and even finding video's OF games. one word. Google. or hell, go to GameTrailers.com and search for Call of Duty 4. you'll find gameplay video's... reviews.... etc...

Bought Call of Duty 4 on the 6th when it came out. sadly it's rather short. might have to play through it on hard to get a bit more length out of it. Quite a good game nevertheless. Multiplayer isn't too bad... but when you play it, you easily notice it's quirks, such as rather small maps for a max 32-player FFA.

its comin out right after rememberance day (great timing guys >.>) on the 12th. i know cod2 sucked a ton, but now 4 is comin out. i never actually looked at cod3 but i heard the graphics sucked just liek cod2. apparently cod4 has incredible graphics (almost up there with CS:S). anyone lookin forward to it?
I pre-ordered it and am much looking forward to it!

I haven't touched a COD game since the original and am hoping COD 4 will be my "spiritual successor" to BF 1942 - Desert Combat!

hehe.. yeah.. i read his specs now... dont make much sense :p

I downloaded the trailer on my 360 last night... it looks like a sick game!

But I can't handle all these awesome games coming out within two weeks of each other:

CoD4
Assassin's Creed
Mass Effect
Kane and Lynch

Last edited:
COD4 - Good or Bad?

It's been a few days since its release, what are your opinions?

My only two criticisms are:

1) In multiplayer I'm finding it really hard to tell friend from foe on some levels.

2) In single player I hate not being able to save the game. OK it's better than Ghost Recon where you could play for 1/2 and hour and lose it all, the saves are pretty frequent. However the end of Mission 12: One Shot, One Kill, where you have to hold out for the evac chopper is too long! After hours of trying I only completed it by hiding behind MacMillian, contributing only by tossing grenades back

How daft is that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I downloaded the trailer on my 360 last night... it looks like a sick game!

But I can't handle all these awesome games coming out within two weeks of each other:

CoD4
Assassin's Creed
Mass Effect
Kane and Lynch

What the heck is Kane and Lynch? Yea and me to, too many games coming out now!

Played with CoD4 a bit, and it really is a vast improvement on CoD2.

For starters they've bundled ACP (Punkbuster) which is one of the main reasons CoD2 failed so miserably online: They didn't learn the lessons from the community through the original CoD & UO.
With most script kiddies having to rely on skill instead; it's much better.

However there's a major flaw - Bullet Registration.
For example the MP version of the Sniper Rifle is diabolical. Even with breath held to max, and perfect crosshair alignment, you still regularly miss. :/
Before anyone replies with OMFG!!! L2P!!! I'm not alone in this complaint.
Here's a quick example I found on YouTube. It has someone standing still as a target dummy to eliminate movement lag/accuracy issues. (not me btw :p)
Just watch how shocking this gun's performance is :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgN9FfS1X_U

Now imagine that over 10x the distance whilst the target is moving, and you're under fire...:rolleyes:

Visually the game's superb, and the whole idea of perks you unlock as you go is a great idea: It adds massive longevity to the game. :up:

Another game I would like but my PC wont run.....
Really need to upgrade!

Best single player combat experience I've ever had. This game is brilliant, even though it's short.

COD4 looks awesome. That game might cause me to start gaming again.
I'm one of those infrequent gamers too, but having heard so much about this game, I just had to try it out.
Picked it up earlier today, and I've been hooked. Didn't even realize it's nearly 5:00AM right now! :D

Very awesome game I might add even if its scripted.

Slight biased but the SAS missions were alot more fun than the USMC ones and a lot more interesting (?)

I was a little shocked at the abrubt end to the USMC campaign and found the last little USMC mission perhaps a little unnecessary.

Slight biased but the SAS missions were alot more fun than the USMC ones and a lot more interesting (?)

I was a little shocked at the abrubt end to the USMC campaign and found the last little USMC mission perhaps a little unnecessary.

No bias there...I liked the SAS missions better, too--lush environments, sneaky rescues, sabotage, and assassinations. Marines seem to be stuck doing urban combat in deserts all the time (just like real life!) The voice acting and style they selected for USMC sounded like generic B movie stuff. They sounded like all their names were "Heavysmoker McToughguy".

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back