Cables

Capricorn

OSNN Senior Addict
I am thinking of changing to round Floppy and IDE cables. However the only ones I have seen so far are about 60cm long, which seems a bit long for an average Midi Case. Also I see that the IDE cables are rated at 100 or 133 I assume that the 133 would be the best bet in case I upgrade again in the future. Am I right and are the round cables worth changing to?

The round cables are to aid in air flow inside the case and yes they work very well. If you only have say 1 HDD, 1 Floppy, 1 CD-RW and there is plenty of room in the case for air flow or you can arrange the flat cables off to the sides so that the air flow is not restricted from bottom front to top back as well as plenty of room over the CPU fan for good flow then you should be O.K.. However if you case is crammed full of goodies with cables going everywhere the round ones will help out greatly.

Get the 133 round cables.... The 60cm cables will work just fine and if you should upgrade the case to a full tower you will need them. Since they are round the lay out of the way inside the case very nicely..........

Have fun...

:happy:

AirflowMix.jpg

Thanks Tinker, the photos were excellent and showed the problem very well. I would have liked shorter cables, but I don't seem able to find any, but as you say the longer round ones will not be too hard to fasten back.

Originally posted by Capricorn
Thanks Tinker, the photos were excellent and showed the problem very well. I would have liked shorter cables, but I don't seem able to find any, but as you say the longer round ones will not be too hard to fasten back.

www.tcwo.com

they have cables of different lengths... showing as an example... tcwo for cables is not the cheapest place in the world :)

tcwo cables direct link

that has got to be one of the messiest cases I've seen, one would never leave my hands like that!

the round cables are better, go with ata133/ 80 wire so you can continue to use them in the future.i also use them for cd drives. this also this lets you use the cable select setting (which i set all drives to, as the connector you plug into it, grey, black, picks master/slave)

also besides just improving airflow, being the cable is rolled, 80 wire and has added insulation this also cuts down on interference noise with the cable from say those 12 case fans and 3 neon lights your going to add..:rolleyes: . (especially on longer cables over 18", something started on SCSI cables a long while back)

Originally posted by spikemic
that has got to be one of the messiest cases I've seen, one would never leave my hands like that!

Well if I had all the certs you have I would have everything in a dedicated climate controlled network room. As well as a complete generator back up system that could provide power to the enter world wide network......... Lets see those pics.......

:p

Thread moved to *HARDWARE*...

:cool:

Originally posted by Tinker
Well if I had all the certs you have I would have everything in a dedicated climate controlled network room. As well as a complete generator back up system that could provide power to the enter world wide network......... Lets see those pics.......

:p

OK , i take it by that sarcastic comment thats one of your cases and criticism can't be taken? only takes an extra second and a couple tiewraps to take pride in you work.......
my p4 this very second.....
caseinside.jpg

oh and i do have a climate controlled room, my apartment and there is a generator setting at friends house where my servers are. their on ups, gives time to hook up if desired :p

spikemic...you're being very arrogent. Please hush.

Originally posted by spikemic
OK , i take it by that sarcastic comment thats one of your cases and criticism can't be taken? only takes an extra second and a couple tiewraps to take pride in you work.......
my p4 this very second.....
caseinside.jpg

oh and i do have a climate controlled room, my apartment and there is a generator setting at friends house where my servers are. their on ups, gives time to hook up if desired :p

Whats tha matter u cant take a joke... :rolleyes:

If you will look again at my image you will see that I have 3 more HDDs than yours does as well as a RAID card and a sound card, NIC card. Look a little closer and you will see wire ties holding cables in place to maintain openness for air flow.Most of use do not have the luxury that you have and have to make do with what we have. The criticism that you offer is taken well, your over bearing attitude is not........

:happy:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: all give no take........ yours wasn't a joke it was sarcasm, my sense of humor has both. theres a difference and most who give it cant tell when its being returned. yours was a stab at me for making an observation/opinion. at the time i had no idea whos case it was. oh and only diff is you have 2 more drives.......mine has rest you list
anyway never mind, was just playing will bow out before some make it vicious and personal:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Alienware and VoodooPC 0wn your cases when it comes to neatness. :D

guys keep it clean...

this is not a forum for personal vendettas... :)

by the way... once I move and get my hands on a digital cam I will take some pics of my rig and post em for you guys :)

[edit] edited for content... no more flaming on this matter please [/edit]

To NTFS:

If you ban me from your forum for what I have said please do not delete this thread. Your users need to know who they are dealing with in this person.

whocares .....messy or neat ...as long as it does what its supposed to thats all that really matters :)

Voodoo computers outta calgary, alberta, canada have a feng shui guy do all they're cabling its awesome ...but very expensive

Originally posted by Tinker

To NTFS:

If you ban me from your forum for what I have said please do not delete this thread. Your users need to know who they are dealing with in this person.

you will be warned before you are banned... that is the normal policy...

generally flaming is not encouraged here... case by case I suppose but we try and keep it fair for everyone :)

do not worry about the thread... unless it is matters such as warez.. or other items that go against the grain of what is described in our forum guidelines... it is unlikely to be moved to our trash can area :) ...

:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back