Cable Speeds??

Results

2.3 megabits per second

Run the test again Discuss in the forum
Details

Your raw speed was 2275555.56 bits per second which is the same as:

Communications

2.3 megabits per second
How communication devices are rated. Kilo means 1,000 and mega means 1,000,000. Examples include 56k modem and 10Mbit Ethernet

Storage

277.8 kilobytes per second
The way data is measured on your hard drive and how file sharing and FTP programs measure transfer speeds. Kilo is 1,024 and mega is 1,048,576.

1MB file download

3.7 seconds
The time it would take you to download a 1 megabyte file at this speed.
:D

Re: Speed

Originally posted by ssj4conejo
Too lazy to take screenshot but mines is 1.7 megabits. on the badnwidthplace.com site.... bandwidthplace.com is the best, way better than dsl reports, dsl reports is too slow and busy.

i'm too lazy, too...

RoadRunner in NYC
2.6 megabits/sec @ bandwidthplace.com

my current speed

Not as fast as my friends but haveing a uncapped cable modem is better than nothing. I want faster!!!!hehehe. I want my 100mbit line back but can't afford it.

stats:
approx 7mb down
1 to 1.3 mb up.
Useing: Roadrunner TWC

second test. i think these speeds are the best ne1 got, lol

The reality of cable speed tests vary (sometimes by a lot) from testing site to site. There should be a national testing site calibrated and regulated by the FCC. Someone has to set the testing standards without some sort of need to profit.:D

I'll take it

Now if I could only get that all the time and not have my service cut out all the time. Damn you ATT!!!

w00t cable finally fixed

w00t cable finally fixed.. these are my speeds today after being complete crap for the past 2 months!!! W000000HOOO.. pestering tech support for a week stright and talking to 4 managers DOES get u places.... now if it works i will keep it heheh..

UK ADSL (BT)

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish, and you can sell him equipment!:D

you all have crazily fast connections! i thought my 512 cable was good! damnation, well, i like it. beats 56k by a mile.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back