• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

"Cable pirates splice into broadband" - huh?

A

Armed and DWI

Read that whole article on ZDnet, specifically the part on exactly "how" the hackers get the TV signal.

It keeps saying that the hackers split the "cable line" as if there is a seperate coaxial cable coming into your house just for internet. It's not that way where I live - tv broadcast, internet, and digital TV can all come in on the same coax. And I have even gone outside to where the cable is wired into the house (the first splitter) and I don't see any of these magical "filter" things that the article speaks of. I guess my cable company is more secure.

The article is poorly written. your cable company is the same as the rest all they do is splice the cable coming into the house using a normal 1-2 splitter like any normal person would do if they needed to split to another tv, computer etc

The point is this...all you get is basic cable anyway which most people getting cable internet wouldn't be satisfied with. you still need a illegal converter to get more channels...

all it is, is that since you have a cable modem it makes it harder for the company to tell if the signal drain on your line is from the modem or you getting illegal cable so it just makes their job harder.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix