Cable Modem

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
I need a news one and I'm looking for suggestions :)

Jewelzz, Cox usually sells/leases Toshibas or Motorolas.

I bought mine from them ... it's a Toshiba PCX1100U, and it's great. It's DOCSIS certified, and it has both Ethernet and USB connections.

The Motorolas are very good too. Just go for the one that costs less.

I'm moving NetRyder, remember? :p

The reason I'm looking for another one, my current one seems to be dying :( It just has to be docsys compatable

Jewelzz - don't know as this will be any help at all (probably not), but I rent mine from Comcast for $3.50 a month with the idea that "if I have a problem" - it's their modem - so they'll have to replace it! Mine is on 24/7 - couldn't find one for less than $100 - so I have to rent for about 2 1/2 years with no problems before I lose money on the deal!

hey i just got a linksys etherfast cable modem and it blazes, could ask for a more stable modem the crap cox provided was well .... crap ! LOL get the linksys prolly the same money cox is offering its modem to ya for.

I won't be using Cox once I move, it's some local cable company.

SON OF A B!@&CH i got screwed i payed 120 for mine . but jewlezz it works with almost any cable isp. i tried renting mine from cox but they all but refused to come service it the first 2 times it broke down and refused me the third.

Originally posted by Majin
SON OF A B!@&CH i got screwed i payed 120 for mine . but jewlezz it works with almost any cable isp.

LOL :D That's pretty darn high for a cable modem! I think I got mine for around 80 at the time.

yeah the surfboards are cheap! and theres no problem with them. cable modems don't really make a difference its just the cable company that determines the speed.

Some ISPs do require that you have a DOCSIS certified modem, though. But I'm sure the Motorola is, in any case.

my surfboard 4100 is old, and power hungry... add to that a crap ISP. fun fun fun :(

Originally posted by NetRyder
Some ISPs do require that you have a DOCSIS certified modem, though. But I'm sure the Motorola is, in any case.
Can u still buy Legacy modems ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back