cable modem

V

vdubVR6

I was just wondering if anyone new if there was a diffrence between cable modems...does one out perform another or are they just the same, should i keep the one my isp gave me or is there better ones out there?

thx:D

There is really no difference. Although if you buy your own modem, you get approx $10 cut off your monthly bill because you don't have to pay to lease the modem from the cable company. If you do buy your own, make sure it is DOCSIS certified.

JJB6486

:( well then that sux.....i had internet through the cable company were i lived b4, now that i moved they gave me new modem and it seems like my connection is no where near what it used to be(d/l time and streams). i thought maybe it was the modem but it most be the new location.

Originally posted by vdubVR6
:( well then that sux.....i had internet through the cable company were i lived b4, now that i moved they gave me new modem and it seems like my connection is no where near what it used to be(d/l time and streams). i thought maybe it was the modem but it most be the new location.

since its cable, it is a shared connection. did you perhaps move to a more heavily populated area?

Brad

yes i live in an apt. but i have asked some of the people who live here if they have the same prob. and they say no,and there all running higher bandwith then i am.

Some cable modems have extra features. An example is Ericsson modems that have a built-in feature called PipeLock. This allows you to block your cable connection with the push of a button for added security while not on line.

As far as performance goes, check out SpeedGuide.net and DSL reports for cable analysis and tweaks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back