• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

cable internet, format drive

T

Tdoan14

i just got cable internet today, but there are too many stuff cluttering my pc (old programs and changes that i cant recover) will formatting deactivate my modem? what will happen?

Kr0m

I guess that would depend how your internet works. I'd do some research, maybe at your ISP's website for setup/connection info before you formatted.

L

Luna64

I use Road Runner from TW and it works fine even after I format.

I just have a cable line running into my modem, and then a normal connection between the modem and my LAN card.

I don't even need to set anything up, Internet works on first boot.

R

roban

I use cable and have formatted and no problems. It's your NIC that does the job for your cable modem and those drivers will be re-installed automatically.

Since it's a cable connection, I think it would be a dynamic IP (most likely) in which case, it will work right out of the box when you format and reinstall. Go for it :)

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
I too have cable, and have formatted my computer dozens... and dozens... and dozens of times without having to do anything to be able to browse the web again.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bettyicrewsi