Cable Internet and Faxes

P

Powerchordpunk

I do a relatively minute bit of faxing through my phone line a week. Not a lot, but enough for faxing to be necessary through my computer. I also want cable internet. Can I still have cable internet and send faxes with it, since it is an always on connection?

I am curious because I know you can still send faxes with your dialup modem still in my machine,(with cable) but I'm afraid I might have to remove it, as I still need to put in a NIC card in for cable and I don't think I have enough PCI slots or whatever they're called. Basically, can i send faxes with a cable modem? Thanks.

JJB6486

Retired Mod
Political Access
Nope. Faxes work by dialing directly into another fax machine. The internet is not used when sending a fax. Just keep the modem and get a USB NIC or something

JJB6486

C

clutch

If you do a little bit of research, you can get software that will let you send and receive faxes over your internet connection (this would include cable). Might want to try http://download.cnet.com and do a search.

H

huguesmackay

Try eFax.com! Because of the nature of my business, I send and receive faxes on an almost hourly basis and didn't want to buy an expensive fax machine or have a modem installed into my system. I have one toll free 888 number and one UK number. Check it out!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glen