Cable Connection Not Working...

E

Exosys

Okay I have had this problem since yesterday.

I formatted my computer and reloaded Windows XP. I went through all of the setup pages, and finally got to my desktop. I HAVE all of my cable lines connected, so I clicked "Internet Explorer" and waited for a second. It said "Detecting Proxies" down at the bottom, then came up "Page Not Available". I went into my Network Connections folder and it had two:

1394 Connection and Local Area Connection

Can someone please tell me how to fix this? Thanks

I'd remove the 1394 Connection and then right click on the other one, select 'Repair'.

Make sure that it's setup to use a network connection and not dialup in your Internet Explorer properties.

PS How are you writing this question without net access?!

It said that the 1394 cannot be deleted, and I am using one of my older computers to type :)

Don't worry about the 1394 connection...its there because you have 1394 IEEE chip and enabled in BIO..you can however right click it and disable it...just make sure that the Local Connection is the Default

It still isn't working...I don't know if this is important but I am behind a D-Link 604 Router. My computer is a Alienware(Custom). It came with the Master CD and the Windows; Alienware Version. Thanks again.

Yes...its important...you have configure your router with your ISP Information....didnt you get any instructions with the Router...if not..go to the D-Link Homepage..and get it...or browse support for setting up the Router...and getting by the Firewall

http://www.dlink.com/products/broadband/di604/

Unplug your router and modem for lke 30 seconds or so and shut down your computer. Then plug router and modem back in and start puter again to let it detect. If it still doesnt work call you isp and have them help.

Wait, wait!

- Don't remove/disable the Firewire (1394).
- Set the computer to automatic IP.
- Make sure you get one (ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew).
- Look in the Internet settings and uncheck the box for auto-detection of proxy settings.

Should work. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back