c programming

punkandacoke

eat me
This is a basic question so dont get pissed.

Say I've made a calculator in C. It processes simple distance equations. Now I want to add a gui - grapical user interface. How would I go about doing that? Just really explain the basic's and tell me what I should search for, because I've been looking for about three days. :eek:

thanks
:cool:

Originally posted by punkandacoke
This is a basic question so dont get pissed.

Say I've made a calculator in C. It processes simple distance equations. Now I want to add a gui - grapical user interface. How would I go about doing that? Just really explain the basic's and tell me what I should search for, because I've been looking for about three days. :eek:

thanks
:cool:

you just want text boxes to enter information in for calculation ? or do you want to do something else ?

just drop a hint as to what you are trying to achieve... perhaps we can post some sample code to help you out in setting up a simple/efficient gui...

You can do what I did and start taking Visual Basic classes.

:p

adding a gui to a C application is not something that can be done one two three, youll need to go read a book as there is hardly any tutorials on the web. I am still looking for a book that has what i want. But so far there is none.

Originally posted by X-Istence
adding a gui to a C application is not something that can be done one two three, youll need to go read a book as there is hardly any tutorials on the web. I am still looking for a book that has what i want. But so far there is none.

visual c++ may help somewhat I presume...

I am currently using a borland compiler so I dunno...

Yeah - would be hard to do a GUI in C... I'm currently using Borland C++ Builder - just started off on it.. learning the basics.. AnsiStrings and stuff... Sazar - you been using it for long? I could do with some help :p

MdSalih

AnsiStrings?

Anyways, borland C++ builder has a lot of stuff in it that does not comply with the guidelines set for the C++ language. If you want a truly guideline following C++ compiler, try Dev-C++.

It uses the freely avaible gcc / c++ compiler.

Or you could just make a quick Java applet out of it. Java isn't all that different from C (more like C++). A simple gui for a small calculator would be pretty easy for you to learn.

Originally posted by MdSalih
Yeah - would be hard to do a GUI in C... I'm currently using Borland C++ Builder - just started off on it.. learning the basics.. AnsiStrings and stuff... Sazar - you been using it for long? I could do with some help :p

MdSalih

lol... from the sounds of everything I know about you... you are more advanced than I am with c/c++ :D

I know this may seem OT - but GUI wise, consider Delphi.

I am no expert, but what we are down to here is a thing called an API - your AP (Application Program) is in C and does what you want.... you gotta Interface (hence API) with your GUI. Someone told me Delphi is handy there - now shoot me down in flames (I COULD be wrong here!)

Delphi is an excellent programming language to start off with.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back