• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

c programming

This is a basic question so dont get pissed.

Say I've made a calculator in C. It processes simple distance equations. Now I want to add a gui - grapical user interface. How would I go about doing that? Just really explain the basic's and tell me what I should search for, because I've been looking for about three days. :eek:

thanks
:cool:

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Originally posted by punkandacoke
This is a basic question so dont get pissed.

Say I've made a calculator in C. It processes simple distance equations. Now I want to add a gui - grapical user interface. How would I go about doing that? Just really explain the basic's and tell me what I should search for, because I've been looking for about three days. :eek:

thanks
:cool:
you just want text boxes to enter information in for calculation ? or do you want to do something else ?

just drop a hint as to what you are trying to achieve... perhaps we can post some sample code to help you out in setting up a simple/efficient gui...

X-Istence

Political User
adding a gui to a C application is not something that can be done one two three, youll need to go read a book as there is hardly any tutorials on the web. I am still looking for a book that has what i want. But so far there is none.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Originally posted by X-Istence
adding a gui to a C application is not something that can be done one two three, youll need to go read a book as there is hardly any tutorials on the web. I am still looking for a book that has what i want. But so far there is none.
visual c++ may help somewhat I presume...

I am currently using a borland compiler so I dunno...

Yeah - would be hard to do a GUI in C... I'm currently using Borland C++ Builder - just started off on it.. learning the basics.. AnsiStrings and stuff... Sazar - you been using it for long? I could do with some help :p

MdSalih

X-Istence

Political User
AnsiStrings?

Anyways, borland C++ builder has a lot of stuff in it that does not comply with the guidelines set for the C++ language. If you want a truly guideline following C++ compiler, try Dev-C++.

It uses the freely avaible gcc / c++ compiler.

V

Vector_One

Or you could just make a quick Java applet out of it. Java isn't all that different from C (more like C++). A simple gui for a small calculator would be pretty easy for you to learn.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Originally posted by MdSalih
Yeah - would be hard to do a GUI in C... I'm currently using Borland C++ Builder - just started off on it.. learning the basics.. AnsiStrings and stuff... Sazar - you been using it for long? I could do with some help :p

MdSalih
lol... from the sounds of everything I know about you... you are more advanced than I am with c/c++ :D

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
I know this may seem OT - but GUI wise, consider Delphi.

I am no expert, but what we are down to here is a thing called an API - your AP (Application Program) is in C and does what you want.... you gotta Interface (hence API) with your GUI. Someone told me Delphi is handy there - now shoot me down in flames (I COULD be wrong here!)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies