C:\Program Files\Common

macromp

the retarded one
this folder opens everytime i start up the computer, it has a folder calle 'bin' in it, any idea how to stop it loading up everytime?

check to see if it is in your startup items.

run>start>msconfig>startup--- check (checked boxes) uncheck as appropriate.

I was just gonna make a thread about the same problem,when I start the pc My Documents always opens up.
I've looked in msconfig-startup but it isn't mentioned :confused:

There's an option in in windows explorer. Tools>Folder options...>View>Restore previous folder windows at logon.

Not 100% if this is it, but I think thats what I did to stop it when mine was doing it.

tried the msconfig thing and couldn't see it mentioned (although there are 2 boxes ticked, but no text beside them showing what it is)
and the 'restore previous windows' wasn't ticked...

try clearing your recent documents history

try navigating to the file in windows explorer (win key+e), right click tools, restore default

perris said:
try navigating to the file in windows explorer (win key+e), right click tools, restore default
Did that,didn't work
It's annoying me now :mad:

Yep did that earlier,didn't work either.This happened once before but I just can't remember how I stopped it :confused:

Go to this key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows then in the right pane see if it is listed under load.
I will mention that DlDer Trojan can cause this too but I don't think it is the case this time.

i finally stopped it :D

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon. In the right pane under Userinit, Change the key that reads: C:\Windows\System32\Userinit.exe,C:\Windows\System32\Userinit.exe To: C:\Windows\System32\Userinit.exe,

here's the hijackthis result (didn't know how to output results to a txt file, if that's even possible)

Attachments

• hijackthis.jpg
    hijackthis.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 73

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back