• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

C:\Program Files\Common

macromp

the retarded one
this folder opens everytime i start up the computer, it has a folder calle 'bin' in it, any idea how to stop it loading up everytime?

L

Lee

check to see if it is in your startup items.

run>start>msconfig>startup--- check (checked boxes) uncheck as appropriate.

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
I was just gonna make a thread about the same problem,when I start the pc My Documents always opens up.
I've looked in msconfig-startup but it isn't mentioned :confused:

There's an option in in windows explorer. Tools>Folder options...>View>Restore previous folder windows at logon.

Not 100% if this is it, but I think thats what I did to stop it when mine was doing it.

macromp

the retarded one
tried the msconfig thing and couldn't see it mentioned (although there are 2 boxes ticked, but no text beside them showing what it is)
and the 'restore previous windows' wasn't ticked...

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
Go to this key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows then in the right pane see if it is listed under load.
I will mention that DlDer Trojan can cause this too but I don't think it is the case this time.

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
i finally stopped it :D

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon. In the right pane under Userinit, Change the key that reads: C:\Windows\System32\Userinit.exe,C:\Windows\System32\Userinit.exe To: C:\Windows\System32\Userinit.exe,

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bettyicrewsi