C|net Catchup service alternative?

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
http://catchup.cnet.com offered a great service by scanning your computer with a software program and send the results to a server, telling you what programs where outdated and needed updating. But now it is no longer working, unfortunately. Does anyone know of an alternative?

coathanger007

Tomorrow Tweaking Today
I'd rather use windows update than bigfix. Unfortunately, there's just so much software out there that it's not possible to maintain a comprehensive catchup service. I have trouble updating software on my own website!

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
Originally posted by coathanger007
Unfortunately, there's just so much software out there that it's not possible to maintain a comprehensive catchup service.
hmm, that's true, but C|net's download.com used to have a lot of software programs (until they charged $75 for every submission), so most of my software installed on my system were reconized by the catchup service.

L

Leevoy

Catchup Rocked. They got rid of it when they found a security flaw in their software (so I read), which enabled hackers or the better informed to enter your system and route around.

I am sure (I moaned over 100 times to them) they will bring it back, at a cost I bet.

If it does not cost more than 10 squids then I am sure I will purchase an anual membership.

Hope it does come back, it had a couple of problems like telling you certain updates from M$ where not installed when they were and trials you had running they hung out the begging bowl for you to go through them to buy full version.

Apart from that it was o.k.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut