C&C Generals over the net

Teddy

Boogie Nights...!
Hi all.

My friend and i want to play a skirmish over the net. I am on broadband, he is on dialup. How do we go about playing each other (and just each other, not with other players involved).

Is it possible to connect directly to each others PC?

We used to play Red Alert 2 against each other and could dial one another directly.

there WAS way back when heat.net was still around but there gone now. it used to be able to trick games into thinking u where playing on a lan when it was really over the net. I don't think there is anything like that anymore but some one else might know of something I don't.

just set a password when creating your game...thats what i do

theres also a direct connect option..tho havent tried it

There is a program that does exactly that lets you play LAN games over the net and works very well, I can't remember what its called but I'll start looking.

Is it Kali your thinking of?

Ive had a quick go getting that to fool Generals like i used to use it for Warcraft3. No luck yet though, need a new tracker ip no.

I want to do the same thing- I've tried Kali and couldn't get it to work. If you guys get it working please share it here. =)

Kali works. Played using it last night.
Start Kali, make sure its the latest version (2.4) and that the Tacker IP is the latest (66.151.180.5 as of writing).

Right click "Game Resouces" then "Add Custom Game".
In the Game box type "C&C Generals". Point to the generals.exe. And make sure the uses safedisk protection is ticked, unless you no_cd crack the exe. If its cracked untick the Safedisk option.

Then you can play using through the C&C Generals game lobby.
It will only work with people using the same version and exe.
IE version 1.4 right now and a uncracked exe wont play with a cracked exe.

Hope this works for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back