C: = 8mb and no OS

ste_w

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi All

Erm i formatted both my drives the other day and was abit hasty in doing so and have noticed a partion has been created on the main drive which is only 8mb and is labled C: this is abit of a B!tch becos most software automatically installs to C: such as the non manual installtion drivers etc however i do know that other software installs to the drive containing the windows folder which is fair enough however if i can Delete this C: partition on the main drive everything will default to D: being the Drive with the OS on. How can i delete this 8mb Partition without Formatting the Drives again as everything has just been put bk on the drives which took hours and i didnt even notice the problem. Pls Help

Thanx

Ste_W

Partition Magic. Only way I know of without the hassle of starting again.

lol should i use Partition Magic then as Hipsters Repsonse Seems Sarcastic towards Gonzo lol

No it's not :p

Seems a lot easier than moving partitions.................if it works. :p :p :D :D :confused:

Yea but then i gota reinstall Xp onto the C: which wud be my now D: which means alot of hassle lol

lol if any1 knows of an easy way to just get rid of this little 8mb C: Partition then let me know, baring in mind i dont wanna Reinstall Xp Anywhere or Format any Drive

try deleting the partition in computer managment

control panel > admin tools > comp manag'

It wont let me

Attachments

• System.JPG
    System.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 51
I have looked at this before, for my laptop. I think its a re-format if you want to completely get rid of the partition..or something like partition magic if you want to change the sizes of the two partitions.

load the xp cd and use that to delete the 8mb partition then m8.

I Wouldnt Mind gettin giving the C: a Few GB off the D: Partition as long as its a quick and easy process via Partition Magic

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back