Bypassing

G

grrosey

Is there a way to bypass the standard logon screen on XP if you do not know the administrator password? Is there a way you can help me get passed the logon screen to an administrator area? Thanx in advance

No if you want Administrator rights you must have a password for and Administrator account. Pretty bad security otherwise, no?

Find yourself a copy of LinNT. It works on NT/W2k. Have not tried it on XP.

i've done a search since your post, and haven't found a single copy of LinNT yet, any ideas of any sites that have it?

thanx a bunch, but that just resets the password from what i've read about it, isn't there a way to just FIND it out, or to bypass it completely??

Originally posted by grrosey
thanx a bunch, but that just resets the password from what i've read about it, isn't there a way to just FIND it out, or to bypass it completely??
No I hardly think so, it's encrypted (one-way). Being able to bypass it without reseting it would be, again, bad security. LinNT will only work if it's a local account (not in a domain or such). If it's in a domain, forget it.

Originally posted by grrosey

May I ask why you are needing to do this?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back