bypassing the live drive

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
ok i ahve a sound blaster aduigy gamer card and i have a front panel firewire port that i want to use, i dont have a connection for it on my MOBO but i know that the live drive does, it is connected through a 40 pin ide cable so i figured that it should juse be a matter of connecting the right pins.

i was told today that there is a pin layout on the net so i can hook up my front panel firewire port to my aduigy card and use it that way, i cant find it.

does anyone know what the pins are or where there might be a pin layout for it????

I guess your refering to your new case.

Did it not come with a manual (mine did) that explains the layout...

"There are six wires with connectors coming from the front mounted IEEE1394 port of your case. They consist of 2 sets of twisted pair cables; TPA (Twisted pair A) and TPB (Twisted Pair B), a power cable (VP), and a ground cable (VG).

1. Locate and identify the pin-out of the IEEE1394 port on your motherboard. (or in your case soundcard).

2. Power Pin: Connect the VP connector to it.

3. Ground Pin: Connect the VG connector to it.

4. Data Pins: There are two sets of data pins. Each set consists of plus and minus pin. They are usually marked as TPA+ and TPA-, TPB+ and TPB-.
(a) Connect the TPA+ connector to the TPA+ data pin and TPA- connector to the TPA- data pin.
(b) Connect the TPB+ connector to the TPB+ data pin and the TPB- connector to the TPB- data pin."

Hope thats useful m8 ;)

ok i dont think i explained it right, i know what the plug is for from teh front of the case. the port is connected to a wire and that wire( many wires in one) i was to connect to my aduigy card, but i dont know where on the card because it does not label the pins on the card. there idea is that if u want front panel firewire when u buy the live drive, i dont want to i jsut want to connect the wires to the right pins on the aduigy card but i dont know what pins are on the aduigy card

I can only suggest you contact Creative tech support, there might be a creative forum??

Sorry I couldnt help more.

I do know though that my Audigy 2 firewaire port goes direct to the card (NOT using the 40 odd pin connector , its a seperate connector.

ok i got it now, it has its own little plug part on the board and it is jsut the standard layout but they dont number the pins so i just looked for the layout of a editing card and just copyed it and it works

nice job. could you do me/us a favor and post the pinout so as to save us some trouble if we want to do that sorta thing? or just a pic of the pins on the card. thanks. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back