Buying speakers for my car???

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
hey u guys i need speakers for my car cuz mine got blown out today. lol i had the ones that came with the car which means they are 12 years old. blah. okay so i've been looking around bestbuy and circuitcity and i think i like these sony ones - they are inexpensive and they're 220watts
linky

but should i get them installed by professionals?? or should i do it myself? my friend did it and claims its easy but i don't wanna eff up anything.

also, should i get just one pair of speakers or two pairs? i think there's 4 speakrs in my car (one on each door?) i have a 93 nissan sentra btw

I like the set of Memphis Audio that I put in my ride. Or Pioneers, the premier series. Bood bang, err boom for the buck.

Its easy as hell to intall your own speakers dude. Just take the old ones out and hook up the wires to the new speakers and bam your good to go.

TittleBitties said:
Its easy as hell to intall your own speakers dude. Just take the old ones out and hook up the wires to the new speakers and bam your good to go.
you make it sound so easy :lick:

it is very easy. You may need to crimp on a new type of connector to the end of the wires, but this is easy to do. There is only 2 wires to connect, unless you buy components. Try it yourself, if you cant do it THEN pay someone, or make your friend do it :). If you listen to music loud, id get all 4. If you just are a casual radio listener, go with just 2.

i just got a new ipod with itrip so i think i'll go with 4!! and what do u mean i need to crimp on a new connector?? i need a tutorial , does any1 have one

Ok question,

I have a 2004 element, that i'll be getting back in about a week due the crash, the present system is a 280 watt system, but i want to put in better speakers, the question is this, how do i stop the car from rattling when i turn the volume up, At present my car has:

1 subwoofer
2 tweaters
4 midrange speakers,

the sub seems fine, but it seems to be the four mids that either rattle themselves or they rattle the car.

Any help?

Put some dynamat on rattling panels? I'm no car audio expert, but it seems to work nicely; a great utilization of Newton's laws of motion.

sorry unwonted can you explain that to me again, i don't understand what you mean. sorry to be dunce.

This stuff is heavy tar attached to the back of some heavy, thick foil. It adds weight and some absorption to reduce sound and rattling. I put it in my computer once, but I think it's much better suited for cars.

:D

Btw...I used a question mark because I wasn't sure if it would work for your application; I just recommend looking at it to see if you think it will.

Yeah, I've always heard good things about Dynamat.

prodj - those speakers should do nicely, but what are the specs on your stereo itself? If you've got a factory stereo then 220-watt speakers aren't really necessary.

It is easy, I install all my own stuff in my car - for my Merc I had to take out all 4 seats, take off the door panels and pull up the matting in order to run the wires I wanted, where I wanted - it's a hell of a lot easier than it sounds! Everything on cars just clips or bolts together, as long as you have a few spanners, screwdrivers and a socket set you'll be fine.

Lucky for me the person that had my Blazer before me had the hookups for a amp and all that. It was way back in 99-00 but hey it still workds :). He has some speakers that are alright but will need to be updated. There kenwood but they are a lil old and seem almost blown. I was looking thru his receipts and he got the cd player for $200 and some odd dollars plus another $100 to have that and everything else installed. Funny how cd players back then were so much lol. Its not a bad cd player at all mind you but the $100 ones they have now beat the one i have atleast look wise. My soon to be step uncle has a $600 cd player, MTX 1000 watt amp, 2 mtx rc-2 12's or something like that but they are 1500 watt subs and man they beat so hard my eyes raddle and it hurts somewhat too. He is like the audio and car king lol. He has some many awsome cars and knows everything about them. He has a frickin ford tarus with a yamaha racing motor in it with 220hp. Its feel great going down the highway at 130mph in a tarus lol. Someone guy wanted to race us and so we did and lol the guy was surprised.

Anyway...installing speakers is as easy as catching EP dancing in thong.

Its just that easy...if you spy on him in the next 30 min you may even see heny dancing in just slacks with him :p

buying all 4 is a waste of money. just get a set of good components for the front and have them installed professionally. don't have any sound coming from the back. unless you have an advanced head unit so that you can time when sound hits your ears, this is the best set up to go for. it messes up the sound stage if you have sound coming from the back because it will take longer to get to your ears and is coming from a different direction. trust me.

Brad said:
buying all 4 is a waste of money. just get a set of good components for the front and have them installed professionally. don't have any sound coming from the back. unless you have an advanced head unit so that you can time when sound hits your ears, this is the best set up to go for. it messes up the sound stage if you have sound coming from the back because it will take longer to get to your ears and is coming from a different direction. trust me.

Damn straight.

Also, prod.. do yourself a favor, stay very far away from sony speakers. Some brands I suggest: Boston Acoustic, Eclipse (Fujitsu Ten), Alpine R series, MB Quart, Vifa. Also a good idea to throw a modest amp on those speakers. A 35x2 should be fine.

I can't help much with what speakers to buy, as I'd have to do my own homework on car speakers if I were to buy some myself...

But one recommendation I would make is to get all 4 done. It's personal preferance, but having all 4 match would be preferable to me. If there are for instance 2 good speakers in the front, and 2 not so good speakers in the back; the sound quality could be effected. I know my ear could probably tell the difference.

Additionally, if you bought a good CD/MP3 player for your car (which was mentioned above), you probably do want speakers that can deliver the best sound quality from your new piece of hardware there...

Speaking of which, I should probably hit the hay earlier tonight. I've got to get my car down there tomarrow morning for an appointment to have my new radio installed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back