buying new screen soon +ghosting?

Kush

High On Life!
well im ganna by a lcd screen soon and i found this one to be nicely priced and pretty big. samsun 191t well first of all do u guys think for 19inch and a good look there is something better?(for a good price too) i founf this lowest price around 870$ (i think) and my main question is i read some reviews for this monitor and they said the only bad thing about it is ghosting for moving objects what is ghosting, is it when like a moving object leaves a trail?:confused:

yep thats what is it. The response time of the screen will be low and for example when you play fast games like quake and unreal you will see a lot of weird trails and weird color spots

so then can u reccomend one?

so then can u recommend a screen 19inches or near (bigger or smaller) that isnt too expensive with no ghosting which is made by a good brand name?

Ghosting? Its exactly that as far as i know. With LCDs, you wont ever get the crisp, sharpe display that you do with a CRT monitor . Not with the current crop anyway. On all the ones i've seen there is always a trail left behind moving images.

What will you main use of you PC be?

If its games and stuff like that stick to a CRT monitor.

If its mainly for applications, browsing the net etc then go for a LCD.

You will get a certain degree of ghosting with ALL LCDs.

Originally posted by Teddy
Ghosting? Its exactly that as far as i know. With LCDs, you wont ever get the crisp, sharpe display that you do with a CRT monitor . Not with the current crop anyway. On all the ones i've seen there is always a trail left behind moving images.

What will you main use of you PC be?

If its games and stuff like that stick to a CRT monitor.

If its mainly for applications, browsing the net etc then go for a LCD.

You will get a certain degree of ghosting with ALL LCDs.

some lcd's per chame|eon in the ntfs IRC channel have got extremely fast response times... hitachi I think was making these lcd's... check em out... :)

gaming and stuff

well its a mix of both. i game and i use apps and net. but i guess which is one that has lowest ghosting off all the lcds 19' or 20' or 18' or 21' whatever size as long as its bigger than 15'

i have a 15" tft and i have never seen any ghost trail. i would say buy a nice tft screen that has a low response time.

anything Trinitron is usually a good bet. Make sure that the refresh rates are high (85Hz or above)... Dot pitch is important too, the lower the better...

sorry...

sorry to ask guys but can u reccomend models and supply a link? sorry to make u do lots of work.

I have a 21" HP monitor, a 19" Hitachi, a 17 inch Sony Trinitron and a 17 inch IBM G70. (The first three are on one system) Of them all, I much prefer my 19" Hitachi. The picture on it is so crisp. The colors are awesome too. I am not really all that pleased with my Trinitron because it's old and there is a line that runs through the top of it. My IBM has a nice picture on it but it's old too. The 21" HP is nice in size, has a descent picture and color quality. But, like I said, my Hitachi is the better of the 4.

Originally posted by Un4gIvEn1
anything Trinitron is usually a good bet. Make sure that the refresh rates are high (85Hz or above)... Dot pitch is important too, the lower the better...
none of these apply to lcd's, though...? they're attributes for crt's.

well, lcd's can have higher than 60hz refresh rates.. but you would have to have a response time of under 15ms for it to even make a difference. real response time, too... not manufacturer's figure.

Brand new review of the Hitachi CML174SXW... and it got great results.

"The response time of the CML174SXW is the fastest of all at only 16 ms!"

oh, if/when you get an lcd, make sure it uses a dvi connection. the 15-pin analog vga connection is better for crt's.

WOW!

Originally posted by taurus
Brand new review of the Hitachi CML174SXW... and it got great results.

"The response time of the CML174SXW is the fastest of all at only 16 ms!"

oh, if/when you get an lcd, make sure it uses a dvi connection. the 15-pin analog vga connection is better for crt's.
WOW! what a nice ass screen very nice price tag too! Thanks Taurus! dont think anyone can top ur post??! ;)

ha. well, you asked so i went to tomshardware to show you their last review of 17" or 19" lcd's... and saw that.

it's actually kind of pricey for a 17", but it's probably one of the best you can get.. for gaming at least.

if/when you get it, re-post in here and let us know how it is. :)

umm hehe!

well if i get it it will probably be in like a month for my birthday il get that and a sony ericsson p800 A GREAT PHONE!!! btw i havent run this by my dad yet! hehe :p but i bet he wont care. anything to deal with computers he gets me, cuz he knows im good with them.

Re: umm hehe!

Originally posted by themafia_69
... i bet he wont care. anything to deal with computers he gets me ...

Does he want to adopt a 30 year old son (complete with family)? :happy:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back