Buying an ipod in the USA

lad_in_brum

OSNN Addict
Im off to florida at the end of Jan for 2 weeks holiday.

While i am over there i was thinking of picking up an iPOD as they are chepaer than here in the UK.

What shops (cheapest) would be the best to try and get one from?

Cheers

I'm not 100% sure but I think Apple keeps stores from selling iPods at different prices for the most part (maybe a few dollars here and there). So any store you go into is probably fairly close to the rest in price. :)

Can't speak for the shops, but have to ask how much the power supplies are over here or if they can be charged by USB...

well i think best buy shouldn't have the cheapest ones, try smaller computer shops.
try searching on local google
http://local.google.com/ , type in what you want and the city you want

Xie said:
I'm not 100% sure but I think Apple keeps stores from selling iPods at different prices for the most part (maybe a few dollars here and there). So any store you go into is probably fairly close to the rest in price. :)
Yeah, from what I've seen, most places carry them for almost the same price (give or take a little).

Electronic Punk said:
Can't speak for the shops, but have to ask how much the power supplies are over here or if they can be charged by USB...
All apple stuff (to my knowledge) comes with a 220/110 power supply, you may need a 2->3pin converter, but the voltage thing isn't a problem :)

FishBoy said:
well i think best buy shouldn't have the cheapest ones, try smaller computer shops.
try searching on local google
http://local.google.com/ , type in what you want and the city you want
No offence, but if anything a smaller shop would charge you more as they would need to have a larger markup to pay the bills. Though I think Apple really does set the price and stores don't get much say I believe.

I just had to buy an 20 gig iPod M9282LLA for my stepson. I looked around a little, including on Price Watch. The prices went from $285 and free shipping to $299 and pay for shipping. The lower prices were from no name out of state PC shops. I asked my mother in law, who's paying for it, if she wanted to trust some faraway small shop or pay the extra $15 and get it from Amazon.

Also, there were several places sold out. There is an Apple store 30 miles away for the same price (plus sales tax). It looks like iPod's are fair traded (must be sold for the same price all over).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back