Buying a new laptop

Gary Pandher

OSNN Senior Addict
Hey everyone, im going to be buying a laptop and just wanted to know what to go with two systems i've made up
not sure which one to go with tho soo you guys let me know whats the best price vs performance setup

Setup #1
FragBook TL Chassis
TL - Metalic Silver
ATI Radeon 9700 Mobility 128MB
1400x1050 SXGA+ TFT Gaming LCD
Included at No Extra Charge
Pentium M 755 2.0GHz Dothan
1024MB Corsair 333MHz LL
Hitachi Travelstar 60GB 7200RPM
Combo Drive (DVD-ROM/CDRW)
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Fragbook AC Power adapter - Standard
3 Year w/Falcon Overnight Service

Known issues with this configuration: None

System Price: $ 3,968.00

Setup #2
FragBook DR
DR - Metallic Red
17in WSXGA+ 1680x1050 Perfect LCD
Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz 800
Mobility Radeon 9700 Turbo 256MB DDR
1024 MB Corsair 400MHz LL 2x512
DVD-ROM/CD-RW Mobile Combo
Raid 0 - Striped - Max Performance
FragBook DR Extended Battery
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Fragbook AC Power adapter - Standard
3 Year w/Falcon Overnight Service

Known issues with this configuration: None

System Price: $ 4,321.00

not sure how well the mobile proccessors are and if they're slower or what compared to regular proccessors so if you guys could help me out that'd be great..

Wow, nice choices. :)

It looks like you'll be getting better battery life out of Setup #1, on account of both the Pentium M processor and the lesser graphics card. I see that you did opt for the extended battery with Setup #2 though, so I'm sure that will help. The 256MB ATI card seems pretty hefty... are you a gamer? If so then I can understand that decision. :) You'll obviously have a faster machine with Setup #2, but I would consider it more of a "desktop replacement" than Setup #1. So for mobility purposes I would say #1, and for desktop purposes #2, assuming that either is fine for your budget. :)

budget budget budget lol....i dun like that word lolz all those prices are in US currency imma b payin in cdn $ sooo yea...battery life isn't a problem as it'll b plugged in probably most of the time but im thinking the battery wont die out that quickly as for games yes i do play n wud like the speed and graphics of a desktop but was just wondering are the mobile chips 'crippled' ..i guess i cud use that word...like that 2.0ghz dothan chip how does it compare to a p4 chip as in speed what wud it b equal to or amd whichever is easier..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back