Buying a New Home - Now with photos!

Well, we're pretty much settled in after about 3 months and really enjoying our first home (to own). I finally got around to taking photos because I didn't want to take them with boxes and junk everywhere. Check the first post to see those. :)

Simply an amazing looking house - congratulations again Ryan :)

You have the same couch we do in what seems like the living room :p

Dunno where my parents got it from, but yes, too comfortable :)

These past few weeks have been a bit crazy as my wife and I have decided to purchase our first home! We've been looking at houses for months, but just started getting serious about it recently when we realized our apartment's lease renewal was coming up. The housing market in Dallas is doing much better than most areas around the country, but we were still able to do some decent negotiating.

So we close December 1st on a 3-story townhome in North Dallas. It's a brand new home -- 3 bedroom, 3.5 bath, living room, game room and 2-car garage. We've gone through it several times since signing the contract and we love everything about it. I'll post some photos once we start moving in, which will hopefully be a week from this Friday! :D

UPDATE: Just got around to taking photos after getting settled in about 3 months later! Here are a few, and there are (a lot) more on my blog -- http://www.thedigitalifeblog.com

Looks good, where's the computer room?

And when do you raise some equity and invite all of us OSNN-ites over for a weekend :cool:

Naturally you'll be buying the tickets right?

:smoker:

Looks good, where's the computer room?

And when do you raise some equity and invite all of us OSNN-ites over for a weekend :cool:

Naturally you'll be buying the tickets right?

:smoker:

My main setup is at the office, so we just have a laptop and printer at the house.

I'll see if I can squeeze some airline tickets in between mortgage payments. :p Then again you can drive up from Austin. ;)

I'd like to see pictures of your office - I'll be designing one of those soon for myself.

I'd like to see pictures of your office - I'll be designing one of those soon for myself.

Well, my office isn't put together the way I'd like it to be. It's full of someone else's furniture, so I haven't been able to purchase my own desk and set things up the way I'd like. I've got an older fancy executive desk -- nice, but not my style, and it's not really suited for my computer setup. It's worth it though because I don't have to pay rent for the space. :)

My main setup is at the office, so we just have a laptop and printer at the house.

I'll see if I can squeeze some airline tickets in between mortgage payments. :p Then again you can drive up from Austin. ;)

:eek:

have you seen the gas prices m8?

:D

I'll see what I can do buddy.

Let's have a weekend where we can just hang one of these days. Will have to be after the first week or april :D

Maybe have some other peeps (J? Matt? The other cool peeps?) come up as well and just hang

Yeah, I hear you on gas prices. I'm driving to New Orleans tomorrow for the first round of the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament. Taking a friend's Corolla to get the best possible mileage.

muzi_sylar.jpg

Frightening. :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back