Buying a New Home - Now with photos!

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
These past few weeks have been a bit crazy as my wife and I have decided to purchase our first home! We've been looking at houses for months, but just started getting serious about it recently when we realized our apartment's lease renewal was coming up. The housing market in Dallas is doing much better than most areas around the country, but we were still able to do some decent negotiating.

So we close December 1st on a 3-story townhome in North Dallas. It's a brand new home -- 3 bedroom, 3.5 bath, living room, game room and 2-car garage. We've gone through it several times since signing the contract and we love everything about it. I'll post some photos once we start moving in, which will hopefully be a week from this Friday! :D

UPDATE: Just got around to taking photos after getting settled in about 3 months later! Here are a few, and there are (a lot) more on my blog -- http://www.thedigitalifeblog.com

Attachments

• IMG_1032.JPG
    IMG_1032.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1024.JPG
    IMG_1024.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1022.JPG
    IMG_1022.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1037.JPG
    IMG_1037.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1050.JPG
    IMG_1050.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Re: Buying a New Home

Sounds expensive, good luck with the purchase :D

Doing some searching for a house atm myself ;)

Congratulations. You're lucky to be in a position where you can afford a home, not like in the UK where it's getting close to only lotto winners who can afford it :p :D

No different here, but people seem willing to finance 60-year mortages and such. You can't get a house near me for less than $200k, and those are sh!tty

'Grats muzi :D

Drop me a line when you move in, we'll have a lan party :smoker:

Thanks, guys. Homes are more expensive up North (and in the UK, too) -- you get much more for your money down here. We're definitely not doing a 60-year mortgage, just the typical 30-year. :)

Sweet! The excitement of buying a house is awesome. :)

The moving in part sucks though :p

No different here, but people seem willing to finance 60-year mortages and such. You can't get a house near me for less than $200k, and those are sh!tty

hmm.. 200k is very cheap in my area.

In my neighborhood a cheap 1 story ranch house w/900 square feet in decent condition starts at $350k easy.. put that same house in the center of town and that price would jump to $450.

A 3 story townhouse like he's buying in the center of town would run $400-500.. there are 2 bdrm condo's that just got built in the center of my suburb that are starting at $360k.

Chicagoland = Rip off :)

250K - 300K around here you can get a decent house.

Just looking at £120-130k just for a small appartment in Norwich city center. :(

Ryan -- new homes all around! Congrats buddy. My electrical is going to be a headache so be glad you bought NEW.

Ryan -- new homes all around! Congrats buddy. My electrical is going to be a headache so be glad you bought NEW.

That's right, I saw your mention of it the other day and I want to hear more about it!

Congrats dude, I wouldn't buy a townhouse. It would make me feel like I am living in an apartment. Good luck with it with it, though.

GRATS!!

I wish my house cost as inexpensively as some of these people posted... it aint cheap here near Tampa Either...

that is great news muzi... buying a house is one hell of a task.

I have bought a house a year ago this Dec and I'm still getting adjusted to it but it is bigger than my parents house across the street. I can say that i'm a young & successful man with the help & struggle of my parents to show what I got.

Once again congrats muzi and hope you are satisfied with your home.

Congratulations on your first home purchase.

One good thing about owning is the deductions on your income tax returns!

Congrats Muzi. Hope it all goes well.

Congrats I am looking for one in the next year or so thank god Houston is a good place to buy one.

When is the housewarming? Have the wine, just need an invite...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back