Buy, steal, borrow, free?

You do realize no one that has any brain whatsoever is going to openly admit to pirating software.

I say alternatives all the way.

Originally posted by versionfiv
You do realize no one that has any brain whatsoever is going to openly admit to pirating software.

I pirate software!

What I have a brain?:cool: :p ;)

I downloaded software when it was known as a mjor upgrade rlease from 7-8 when looking for it's name in www.link_removed.com and only after installing found it was a full app.

I did delete/uninstall it and found a trial direct from the website it was sold at.

I have a guilt trip about thinking about doing illegal things, please no more tempting me to answer polls like this.

:p

link removed
xsivforce

*huggles teh fluffy penguins* guess what I voted :p :D

well, thats not really a fair poll. i mean, what if you do all those things? sure i would rather have a free copy, but thats not always gonna happen....

Dunno why link from my post was removed. It's headlights link for get right when you're looking for mirrors for software etc..

{I feel like a criminal now- I would love it if Kylie was a cop and would ask to frisk me}

Opensouce, but I have done some of the others as well!

Does recieving it as a gift or MSDN count as Pirated ??

There is no way I am subjecting my vote to this poll, not only is it incriminating, it is not fair to the rest of the pirates ... Arggg !! You'z going to walk the plank now me matey ..

Anything mentioned in this post is in no way NTFS.org's view, or that of any and or all the moderators, and is truly just my own.

I personally voted for use free opensource alternatives, but i have done some wrong doings. But i bet that noone can truly say they have never listened to anything pirated.

What does pirated mean to most people:

Copied software, usage of software illegaly, or having something copied.

Hower, pirated is just a slang word for bootlegged, which means:

Listening to illegal recordings, warez, copied images that are not yours from a site, listening to a recorded tape that you friend recorded, and a lot of others.

Basically, i dont think anyone has gone thru life without bootlegging something.

You listen to the radio and tape a song you really like, so you can play it back later. Well, there you go, that would be illegal, you can listen to it once, when the radio station plays it, but as soon as you make a copy of it, you are allready doing something illegal since you didnt pay for the copy. Or did you?

So on the software matter, you can be totally clean, but never say you never did anything wrong.

Ill admit, i ahve pirated quite a bit, what i pirated however, i will leave up the FBI to find out =).

Note: Post any posts like "Well pirated means ...", or "Bootlegged's definition ...". Cause i will hunt you down :)

I'm nicknamed Blackbeard by my local friends as well as some from other parts of the US. Take that any way you'd like. :)

wait, i thought you could make a copy of music/tv/movies as long as it was for friends and it wasnt for profit.

I prefer to stay as open-source as possible, but it's not always easy.
I'm still waiting for an open-source Outlook alternative. Now if only Ximian Evolution was available for Windows, I'd get rid of MS Office in a blink of an eye.

Originally posted by versionfiv

Guess you were wrong :confused:

Originally posted by NetRyder
I prefer to stay as open-source as possible, but it's not always easy.
I'm still waiting for an open-source Outlook alternative. Now if only Ximian Evolution was available for Windows, I'd get rid of MS Office in a blink of an eye.

What do you like about Outlook? personally i have yet to try Ximian Evolution, but i personally hate outlook, ThunderBird is working just fine here :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back