buy longhorn?

Originally posted by madmatt
I'm a windows kiddie! *hugs* his windows.

MADMATT hugs his Windows and gets Zapptt :p :p

Why does everyone bitch about Windows? Most of the people who post on these forums have windows, either alone or with another OS. What is so bad about it anyway, besides all those damn bugs! whoops. that's about it though, right. Maybe the steep price. The software and hardware selection for Windows far surpasses Macintosh. And when there are security patches, how many of you have ever gotten hacked or screwed by a virus related to one of these security issues? They are solved almost all the time before any damage can be done. Although Windows can be better about stopping viruses, so can all the other OS companies. MACs and Linux have their security holes too. Windows, in almost every aspect, far surpasses all other OSs in existance for what it is designed to do. But then again who am i to say anythin im just 16,Later! I hate it when people say their ages like they're all cool. No offense gonaads. You should all love The Movielife. Ok so back to what I was talking about--am I wrong? Now I sound like that fruity guy from ZDnet.

I'm not bitching, I'm hugging my windows!

It's all in fun. I love my windows, used it since 3.1. But hey, it's like a love-hate relationship.

Originally posted by gonaads
It's all in fun. I love my windows. But hey, it's like a love-hate relationship.

hah, yeah. but then again, 6 day uptime and counting! yippy. *knocks on wood*

Originally posted by madmatt

hah, yeah. but then again, 6 day uptime and counting! yippy. *knocks on wood*

Had mine runnin fer 2 weeks straight, had to reboot cause of some driver updates :D

I think I've had mine going for bout 30 days, but rebooted due to updates or something. I install crap too often to get a long uptime.

Why everybody hate Windows ?
Well, if I may, I don't think most people do. More so, many dislike MS' monopoly. Especially when that monopoly is also seen as killing all possibilities of interesting alternatives (ie, open source).

On top of that, there's the fact that MS is believed to be using their paying customers as beta testers, who buy the expensive products, encounter bugs, some fixing them, and then see their solutions being legally appropriated by MS.

Anyway, that, in short, is what came out of a research I did with some open source developpers and enthusiasts.

Xp is my first windows, we'll had 98 se for a few weeks before it came out, but its the best one, I've used 2000 at my mates, used me and 95 at college, and 98 at another mates, but they all fail in comparission to win xp, the nt style kernels that it uses just rock. Looks far better than the ugly nt, which i used at school, and even better than 2000. Not had a chance at seeing any other os than windows, they are good, but have their weaknesses.

Forgot to add :
There's also the fact that MS, whose Windows should be but platforms for you to use with whatever you like, tries very hard to make sure you use only their products. Therefore strenghtening their monopoly and general control over these great new dimensions of social life that are home computers and the Internet.

For example, it is believed (I wouldn't know for sure myself) that MS will actually go to the extent of putting bugs in their new OS, in order to make sure that outside programs won't work on them. That's why you often have to wait for those other programs to update after a new OS has been released.

---------------------------------------------
"The Empire never dies"
(VALIS, Philip K. Dick)

I dont hate windows, ive been using it since 95 but they should really test it,and when i mean test it i mean test it in all types of situations and systems and configurations etc etc. I had Windows ME on here, see now that windows i would hug n not let go, it has its little itty bitty bug here and there but nothing too big. Then i got Windows XP thinkin it would b alot better, boy was i wrong, i cant go 2 weeks str8 without XP going balistic on me. Ever since i bought it ive had to reinstall windows about......oh.....i dunno.......A MILLION TIMES!:(

Windows is ok,but in my personal opinion id rather stick wit ME, but i cant cuz i dont have ME ne more,that sux, oh well life goes on hopefully the next windows is better than XP, and not only just some pretty colors n cute icons. Thats just my opinion, and like ive said b4 who am i to talk im only 16, LATERZ!:eek: :D

At first XP bugged the hell outta me and I figured I'd get rid of it forever.
That is, until I got rid of all the cute eyecandy, and did a bit of tweaking.

Now I'd never part with it. I find it a tiny little less responsive than my old 98, but fujiholy is it stable !

That 16 year old, me was a test, it was a half os, never comnpleted, if you like that, then you might as well uninstall all the brand name softwares on your pc, and install cheap low quality alternatives.

Plus windwos cant be tested on every single pc in the world, that would be ridiculas, think about what your saying, I mean, they would have to buy every single pc in the world, mine , yours, and all, and test every single one. Every piece of hard wre is unique, it might be a hardware problem, not win xp problem.

Originally posted by Ramanuman
For example, it is believed (I wouldn't know for sure myself) that MS will actually go to the extent of putting bugs in their new OS, in order to make sure that outside programs won't work on them. That's why you often have to wait for those other programs to update after a new OS has been released.

---------------------------------------------
"The Empire never dies"
(VALIS, Philip K. Dick)
Do you think that a Software Company is going to put out a perfect peice of software? They would never make any money. Plus if "Evil Bill" produced a perfect OS with no bugs he wouldn't be a gazillionare. And you know they can.

Mmmhh, not sure if I worded this right :
I meant that MS supposedly puts "intentional" bugs in each new Windows, so as to make other programs unable to function on them.

But let me specify again, although I do not disbelieve this, I have no tangible proof at all.
This is all info I got from "Linux converts" while doing a research on the subject.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back